What a mess!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Most of the heifers were in their barn this morning acting perfectly normal. The few outside were fine. I have noticed them watching off to the east (the woods) so I'm assuming that is where trouble is coming from.

I talked to a neighbor last night and she said her horses are avoiding the woods too. Normally that's where they spend their time is by the woods. They have been acting this way for the past couple of days too.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
well from what you say theres a vermitt hanging out in the woods.an its still there.things will settle down when it moves on.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
wynedot55 said:
things will settle down when it moves on.
Hopefully soon! The problem is if it's the wolves, they will move on for a while and then be back. One beef farm near here dropped their first calf already (a bit early for here!). May solve my problem but, it will just put the problem onto someone else. I wish they would take the darn things back off the endangered list and have a season on them. The DNR admits we have to many, which, must mean things are bad as they don't usually admit to any thing along those lines. Even denied there were wolves here for a long time.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
if its wolves you need you a big mean jenny running with your heifers.because she will fight wolves yotes or dogs.