Who's hatching right now?

JRNash

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
They grow super quick. One day your watching them in the brooder,the next your chasing them around the house when they fly out of the brooder

JRNash

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I will assist sometimes. If I see a couple pip,and everyone is hatching I'll help the slow poke

JRNash

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I would love to have a hen that would lay me a pretty OE. I have had some lately, but I really like the med. green, no speckles...smoooooth. :)
I started out with whiting true blues.

JRNash

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Didn't like the roosters,they were way to aggressive. Sent them to camp. Now I'm trying to select a mutt from the olive eggers for the rooster

JRNash

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Pretty much sent all the pure blood roos to camp. :( Now I'm waiting on a new batch of pure bloods to mature. This time,instead of eating them I'll give them their OWN quarters.

Dozclan12

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Not being familiar with certain terminology can you help me with the meaning of "NN Eggs" and "EE Eggs"? Thank you very much.
Not sure if anyone said yet..just catching up. NN...Naked Neck. EE..Easter Egger. A lot of feed stores call their EE's Ameracauna's..they aren't. A true Ameracauna will have slate legs/feet. An EE usually has a green tint to leg/feet. Once in a while they don't though, have had an OE..Olive Egger..have yellow legs. An EE too. :)

JRNash

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Sent some eggs with my son in college. He called wanting to know what the blue egg was. He said he had all his friends over looking at the blue eggs.lol

JRNash

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Mine run the from dark almost black legs,to green and some do have yellow.

JRNash

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Have to point out though,mine are homemade crosses

Latest posts