Wishful thinking?

mystang89

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Lambs are more peaceful than kids. The one could learn a thing or two from the other lol. I did end up separating the ram from the ewes and lambs. Find him butting them. Not hard like he does my children but enough that I didn't like it.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
:yuckyuck :lol: Sorry, had to laugh... You removed the ram cause he was butting the other sheep (not even as hard as he butts your kids) and you didn't like that... I guess butting the kids is OK as you didn't mention that you don't like that either... Great looking animals and children! :)

mystang89

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Lol, but....but, the lambs are cute. I Can't let them get beat up:plbb

Honestly though, if I didn't need this ram he'd be freezer. I was out there the other day fully suited up in my bee suit, trying to move bees to another hive when he head butt my 6 year old daughter who was holding my 2 month old daughter. Nothing like seeing a man in a be suit running up and down 7acres trying to catch a ram to make it apologize to leave a lasting impression on your children.

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
The visual picture of the running part is entertaining.

My dad would have the kids carry a sorting stick and swing hard every time he comes near them. (A sorting stick would be hard for a 6 yr old to hurt a grown ram with as long as it’s only used when he enters range.)

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
So not along the lines of a 36" Louisville slugger? ;) Or I guess now maybe one of those aluminum bats would be easier to come by... (and lighter to carry)
ETA, OK, so the running in a bee suit chasing a ram was a little humorous as well... :D

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
My ram ran from a flapping plastic grocery bag. Maybe give your kids plastic bags to shake at the ram? That ram is now in Freezer Camp, I have his son, who might be a little nicer.