Wolfemomma - Our Homestead Journey

WolfeMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
They decided to venture out of the barn for a quick graze since it was a fairly cool morning yesterday. The pasture is doing ok. But we miss having cattle to keep it grazed down a bit. Our pasture is a bit to much for our few amount of sheep to keep up with.
We decided that we need to add at least 2 ewes to our herd , before winter hopefully lol We really would like some bloodlines from out of state. Time to start researching.
All of the apple trees are ripe and starting to drop apples all over the yard. My husband made some amazing plum jam from our plum tree, tastes so good!!:p Just waiting on the peach tree to ripen up. Nectarines failed again this year, we keep getting this powder/mold type stuff on them...they shrivel up and die right on the tree :(

View attachment 20190828_071759.jpg View attachment 20190828_072039.jpg

WolfeMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Well, last week was my first week back at school in many years. I figured since almost all my kids are in school full time , that it would be a good time to get my degree. Its been quite a change dealing with showing sheep, taking care of animals and kids and doing my school work. Its only going to get harder but I know in the end it will be worth it and provide some reassurance and financial help later on. I must fund my addiction to sheep some how :lol: