Wolfemomma - Our Homestead Journey

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
:ep what!!! so all of these leaf bags I drive by in town I could simply pick up and use as bedding for my chickens? I can't beleive I never thought of this!!:clapDo you just keep adding to it in the winter?
Unless people are using chemicals on their lawns. Might not be good for the chickens.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
:ep what!!! so all of these leaf bags I drive by in town I could simply pick up and use as bedding for my chickens? I can't beleive I never thought of this!!:clapDo you just keep adding to it in the winter?
Yes, just dump another couple bags in the coop. Spring time, dig it out and put on the garden. Add more leaves and start over. The chickens make compost for you.

WolfeMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Yes, just dump another couple bags in the coop. Spring time, dig it out and put on the garden. Add more leaves and start over. The chickens make compost for you.
Good idea for the garden thats for sure!

WolfeMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We added 3 more ewes to our flock :) two bred yearlings and a ewe lamb. Clover, Willow and Brie.
20191028_111338.jpg

WolfeMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Everyone had an ultrasound done, and is pregnant! Though my Cinnamon ewe is much farther behind the others. Very early on and hard to tell but it looks like she is. I thought she was farther along....when in reality she is just fat lol
Looking forward to lambing season more then ever now!