Wolfemomma - Our Homestead Journey

WolfeMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
They do look very good. And "extra" going into the winter, especially in the northern states of cold and snow, is a plus. I tend to like my animals on the "rounded" side rather than thinner.
Yes, same here. I like them to have a good condition going into winter. I try to keep them at this weight year-round. Though they do lose a bit through the long cold winter.

WolfeMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
:caf Good morning everyone ! yes it's 5:30am when im posting this, hubby just left for work so I am enjoying the precious quiet time before my 3 boys wake up :clap Weather guy said we are supposed to be getting quite a big storm starting tonight. Lots of high winds, 60mph on the coast. Thankfully because we are inland we should only see winds of around 45. Regardless, I think I will definitely be walking around the farm today figuring out what needs to be put away or tied down. Making sure the generator has plenty of propane, etc. Last time we had a big storm like this it knocked out power for 4 days. After that we quickly bought the generator. I have 2 steers in the freezer that I cant lose lol. So other then that wandering around tieing things down. I will be doing homework, I have 2 midterms this week, and an 8-page final paper that im writing for my English class. honestly Keeping track of the due dates and putting aside time to do it all can be overwhelming. But i know its worth it in the end.
Hope you are all having a wonderful week so far :frow

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
getting rain here today, also. Need the rain. Your sheep are really nice...and cinnamon sure fits her name! :D

And I'm enjoying some "quiet" time, also....

Last edited: