Would you buy a goat who is Neg, but is in a herd with a few Pos CAE?

chandasue

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
It'd cost you more but if they're reputable breeders then they shouldn't have any issues with you having your own vet come out to inspect and draw blood on the goats you want and run the tests so you know what your getting into. There's some variables with the tests and you'd be best off discussing the results with a knowledgeable vet.

AkTomboy

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Chandasue

Id love to be able to do this, but Im in Alaska, these goats are 450+ miles one way from me. Thats a little bit much $ for a farm call + mileage. :he

I guess being so close to each other is a plus for somethings in the lower 48.

chandasue

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
That is a real bummer... In that case I'd pass and keep looking. You don't want to add any problems.
Edit: I should add that I have caught 2 of my does attempting to nurse off of one in milk so the possibilities of adult transfer are certainly plausible.

AkTomboy

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Okay so I for those of you who say keep looking what are your thoughts on shipping goats ie Flying them?

So I know there are some great lines in OR I liked, they are willing to ship them via plan to me so what are yalls thoughts on that?

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
AkTomboy said:
Okay so I for those of you who say keep looking what are your thoughts on shipping goats ie Flying them?

So I know there are some great lines in OR I liked, they are willing to ship them via plan to me so what are yalls thoughts on that?
I would put this as a new topic

AkTomboy

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Elevan

Thank you for the tip I did just that :D