You know they're city if...

Mamaboid

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
If they think your chicken coop "stinks" 20 minutes after you finished completely cleaning it and putting down fresh pine shavings.

I had a girlfriend one time that came to my house for supper. I made venison round steak, pounded out like chicken fried steak. She ate quite a large helping, raved about how good it was and asked for the recipe. I told her to start with a nice piece of venison ....never got any further, she ran to the bathroom and threw up. She never ate at my house again. :idunno

flemish lops

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Mamaboid said:
If they think your chicken coop "stinks" 20 minutes after you finished completely cleaning it and putting down fresh pine shavings.

I had a girlfriend one time that came to my house for supper. I made venison round steak, pounded out like chicken fried steak. She ate quite a large helping, raved about how good it was and asked for the recipe. I told her to start with a nice piece of venison ....never got any further, she ran to the bathroom and threw up. She never ate at my house again. :idunno
:lol: I think someone has been watching Bambie to many times

Mamaboid

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
flemish lops said:
Mamaboid said:

:lol: I think someone has been watching Bambie to many times
Actually, her Dad was a game warden and she has seen some really BAD sights with deer, so I guess I should cut her some slack...but I was a whole lot younger then and it was funny at the time. She still gives me a smack every time I remind her of it. Oh, I was a brat in my younger days.

Crazy Acres

Reaction score
RareBreedFancier said:
You know some one is city when... they ask if your ponies are boys or girls and you tell them they are both geldings. Then they ask you if your going to breed them... :rolleyes:
That's stupid-funny for two reasons: 1, that they don't know what gelding is, but 2, that, even if they think gelding is a gender term, they are both the same, so breeding would logically be out of the question... :lol: That's just hilarious.

You know someone is city when...

...you tell them that you had to put a goat out of it's misery using a .22, and they respond 'you shot it 22 times?!?!?'... :lol:
...you tell them how your hens go about hatching chicks, and they tell you that 'your wrong because that would cook the eggs'... :rolleyes:
...they never ask what breed, of anything, you have...
...they go collect eggs, and come back with a 1/4 of the normal yield because 'some of them had poo on them so they were no good so I threw them in the compost'...
...they randomly drop poultry because the bird 'was about to poop'...

Fierlin

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
You might be city if...
You know what it's really like there.
I mean, among the population who have never had connections with the country.
I knew where my food comes from at a young age.
Although I do still avoid poop in the coop if I can. :lol:

EllieMay

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
You know they're city if...

they don't like waking in the country because there are no sidewalks to walk on.

michickenwrangler

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
They learn the hard way why I always wear boots even when it's 85 degrees outside.

"Don't you own flip flops? Aren't your feet hot? That would be uncomfortab--oh! I just stepped ...

--on a nail
--on a sharp rock
--in poop of some animal
--on some kind of plant with thorns
--on a slobber-covered dog toy
--on a frog or snake
--in mud
--on whatever tool or pop can that brother-in-law left laying around

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
they can't sleep in and complain

1. it was too quiet and they can't sleep
2. the rooster woke me at 5:30 and then they ask you how you get any sleep.

3. they don't understand why their cell phone doesn't work here

4. They see a real live turkey and can't believe they can fly into the trees, they didn't know turkeys could fly

and my fav

5. they lock their car, sometimes even between unloading all the stuff they brought, just in case. The stuff they bring is all their "organic food" that is so healthy- and we should try it! :lol:

My family is in the city...they hear sirens non-stop and yet they NEVER hear it- just tuned out, but one roo crows and it's the end of the world. Once they even brought their own "organic" eggs...and refused to eat our morning fresh out of the coop free ranged "organic" eggs. :smack

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
Okay Southern...let me put this as nicely as I can...your family is soooo city....and that is not a compliment! You sound like the only one that "turned out" right ;)