You know they're city if...

Egg_Newton

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
genuck said:
Of course I can't get out the gate without someone getting mud or poop on me...

Oh and I never tell anyone about the electric fence... everyone should get at least one good shock >:)
I know what you mean. You would think I would have learned by now that changing for work is the absolute last thing I do before walking out the door.

Egg_Newton

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
When they are surprised to find out that there are different breeds of chickens....

Animallovers1

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Just a note I live on the west edge of the vally on 10 acres but go to school on the south hill.
You know there city if....
.... But I thought you did not eat chickens. you realize that that's a chicken. They say while you eat a egg.
Eggs have to be pastureized.
Roosters really crow?!
You can only get milk from a cow not a goat.
But how do the chucks get milk?
How much younger is she than your other chickens. ( they say while looking at m year old silky.)

wana be farmer

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
They think green eggs are rotten.
They inform you free range chickens only lay brown eggs. :p

treeclimber233

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
You know they are city when : They don't realize there is such a thing as a chicken show (or rabbit show or goat show.....who would go to one anyway??) Or rabbit chats and chicken chat and goat chats (or forums....who would be interested??) These comments come from my husbands family and friends. I am from the country and yes I eat the animals I raise. They are named Breakfast, Dinner..... My mother-in-law gave me some miniature roses once and asked me if I had any fertilizer for them. I answered "Of course. I have 50 rabbits. There is plenty of fertilizer." Wont mention the shocked look I got from her. And she even grew up in the country skinning squirrels when she was a young girl. Sad situation this country is getting itself into. People are so remove from reality they have no idea where food comes from or even how to prepare it themselves. (shooting, skinning ..)

Almost forgot to mention the girl that asked me if white eggs were originally brown and just dyed white to look better......

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
When they ask if I milk the male goats. Yes, my coworker (37 yrs old) asked me that! :lol:

I have had TWO people now, that when I tell them about milking my sheep, have asked me 'you just milk the girls, right?'. I kept a straight face the first time... LOL

And someone I know who raises pigs had someone want to buy a whole one. When he was asked how he wanted it cut up at the processors, he said he wanted it all cut into bacon...

craneman54

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I have an Aunt that once told my Dad that she ate pork but would not eat pig. She said this while eating off the pig we roasted for Easter Sunday.:he

M.L. McKnight

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
My brother grew up farming with the rest of us but he works in the city up north. My neice is generally a bright girl but she DID ask "What are those punching bag things?" when she saw some bucks in the goat pen. She was 19 at the time.

A fella came to buy a 6 week old boar from me last week. I couldn't get the one he wanted and it went back next to its momma, a 400lb Spot sow. This guy couldn't understand why I wouldn't just reach over that sow and get that baby that was at her feet!

I had one guy stop by from the city, he saw me leading a 2 week old bull calf on a halter. He thought the calf looked all nice and soft and went to pet him- getting between the calf and its very protective momma! It took him a minute to realize why I snatched him out of the way and went into my best rodeo clown impersonation on that cow.

I have several people who see my adds at the COOP or feed store and email or text me asking if I have and "guilts" for sale. (Makes me laugh every time)

Latest posts