Alaskan's Journal

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Got in the truck... ready to plow... oops...
Spouse used it last...

So yep, chains need to be put back on.

So here I am... waiting for the kids to roll about in the snow for me.

It sure is nice having big boys. I remember when they were tiny and I was the one rolling about in the snow.. my fingers freezing off. Brrrr

20210310_102247.jpg

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well.. . Blast all....

I made it up to the church parking lot... stopped to talk to the priest... so put the emergency brake on...

Finished talking... reached down to pull up on the emergency brake release.. and yanked some wires instead.

So yep...

Turns out they connected to the plow controls...

:barnie o_O

Called kid #3... he is now poking about at the wires.

:th:he

Ha! He fixed it. :love

20210310_114629.jpg

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
They connected WHAT to the plow controls??

How is the borrowed kid working out?
Kid #3 has been in charge of rewiring all plow truck stuff... and there was just a loop of wire just barely dangling below the dash on the far left... close to the part you yank to release the emergency brake...

He is currently in the midst of welding, drilling, and painting a removable light bar for the truck....

Anyway... he was able to fix it pretty fast... less than 2 minutes.

And then I had to plow a jillion times up and down one little stretch....

Finally better there... decided 1:30 was late enough, I wanted lunch!

So, I turned to go up my driveway, could barely tell I had plowed....

Yep... still snowing. o_O

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
It sure is nice having big boys. I remember when they were tiny and I was the one rolling about in the snow.. my fingers freezing off. Brrrr
I'm waiting for my boys to get big enough to open the gate for me. Yea again I started late.
Glad you got the truck running again and so quick. It's nice of you to clear up to the church. Last time I tried to use the blade on the tractor to clear the little roads around here (thank goodness it's not often) I found the pen that holds the blade up was gone and the only reason it didn't fall off was the angle iron on the front setting on a straight piece to let you change angles without it falling smooth down was the only thing holding it up.
It was a really old angle blade when I bought it 10yrs ago.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
And here I am 11:30 PM at 66 degrees fahrenheit, winds howling from the south and thunder storms on the way.

I have one question for you. When all that snow pack finally melts, how in the world do you deal with mud city? The mud has to be at least ankle deep, if not deeper, when the snow melts.
Well... depends on the year... how fast the ground thaws... and how fast the snow melts...

Yes.. the chicken yard can be solid mud for a while...

And my driveway... well.. it will on occasion try to swallow cars. You need to know where the soft spots are....

Last year we had to put up a barricade to make sure that zero people tried to drive up... and we took as few trips on it as possible.... but then "break up" finally comes to an end, the road firms up again, and good to go!