Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
New moose photo

20190403_115425.jpg

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
That's something not very many get to witness in a days time.....just like the eagle.....but, I didn't want to be that way....since it got your chickens....:hide

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have only seen a Moose in the wild once and I was around 13 and with a bunch of adults deer hunting in Minnesota. I was on a trail of a deer and came around a bend in a trail I was following and came face to face with an adult male Moose that seemed as big as an elephant and he bellowed like a train bearing down on me. I turned around and ran till I got lost but finally got my bearings and got back to the cabin. :)

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have only seen a Moose in the wild once and I was around 13 and with a bunch of adults deer hunting in Minnesota. I was on a trail of a deer and came around a bend in a trail I was following and came face to face with an adult male Moose that seemed as big as an elephant and he bellowed like a train bearing down on me. I turned around and ran till I got lost but finally got my bearings and got back to the cabin. :)
Have to change your undies after that moose chased ya? ;)

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Up where I am, there are zero deer.

Moose are more common than cattle... there are a few cattle, but only a few.

There are always moose around my place and my driveway unless the snow gets up past their bellies. Then the moose all go to downtown and people get photos of moose at the police station and such.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
They will trample people on occasion.

Just remember to zig zag... or hide behind a tree. They can't turn much at all, but they have some speed on them.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Every time I see someone talk about moose, my mind turns immediately to Maggie O'Connell.....does this make me a shallow person?
(not that I really care)