All of your pig talk got me in TROUBLE!

Matt n Lee

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I texted hubby.. he says not raw meat. And he chooses not to provide any at all. He also said it is illegal is some places the feed pork meat to swine...
So please disregard my previous statement. :)

No worries at all Connie. Also we wont be feeding pork to our piggies, even if its allowed I just dont like it.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Me and a couple of my sons can handle that size to get it over to the wench.

I had a wench once... didn't need my son's help. I was on a mini deployment to Subic Bay in the PI... Oh, wait... that's a story for another place and time :duc:hide
Or did you mean (I hope not) wife? :hide:smack I hope you meant winch... ;) I'm by myself here (& not so young anymore) so in the interest of my health I think when the time comes I'll pay to have it processed.

Farmer Connie

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
No worries at all Connie. Also we wont be feeding pork to our piggies, even if its allowed I just dont like it.
My hub came home and told me about the veg thingy.. where I heard it.. He does the selling and advertises them as veg protein raised... soybean/corn/barley etc and not meat protein rasied..
sorry for the confusion...
:hu

Sara Ranch

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
@Farmer Connie - it's all good. :) Sure wish you and I lived closer to each other.

Heck, any pig farmers close to me? WV? Maryland? Penn? VA? OH? I miss having pigs and fresh pork. This place isn't set up for pigs yet. That will take time. :)

lobanz

Just born
Reaction score
Been reading pig threads all day and I up and bought some pigs! I found a guy on CL with hampshire yorkshire cross. got 2 cut males 35lbs and 40 lbs each for 100 bucks. I have t pick them up in the morning before work, but the real scary part will be telling my wife when I get home :)
[...]

HA! I feel your pain. I bought 7 American Guinea Hogs off Craigslist all for $100 -- an intact boar, his 4 sisters (1 pregnant), and 2 unrelated females. I sold 2 females to a friend. And then when the sow had her litter, I sold 3 piglets to the same friend. BUT, it turns out that ALL 6 FEMALES WERE PREGNANT! Those 7 pigs have since turned into 40! :eek: They are making my rabbits look lazy!

Anyone want some piglets? Bulk pricing available! :D

--- Lobanz

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Anyone want some piglets? Bulk pricing available! :D

:lol::lol: I feel your pain!

AGHs are very well natured but, I have all the problems I can handle right now!! :caf My computer has issues, 2 hrs on phone with tech support, the loaner fm DD is a laptop that I am not familiar with......I need to get work reports done ON computer.....knock on my door says one goat out and one stuck in fence. :he Yeah, a pig right now would not be safe! :barnie

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Man... all this pig talk... Had bacon for breakfast and eating slow roasted country style ribs right now between typing... :drool

SheepGirl

Master of Sheep
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
@Farmer Connie - it's all good. :) Sure wish you and I lived closer to each other.

Heck, any pig farmers close to me? WV? Maryland? Penn? VA? OH? I miss having pigs and fresh pork. This place isn't set up for pigs yet. That will take time. :)

I am about 15 minutes from the WV border in Washington County, MD. Not sure how far that is away from you, but we are about 30 minutes from Martinsburg. If you want some pork, I have two 350 lb gilts I could sell you :) We just butchered two this past weekend.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
[QUOTE="Mini Horses, post: 526699, member: 13842".....knock on my door says one goat out and one stuck in fence. :he Yeah, a pig right now would not be safe! :barnie[/QUOTE]

I would think it might be the goats that might not be safe right now. :lol:

Latest posts