An Introduction to Buffaloes

River Buffaloes

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Currently in New Delhi, India, originally Bihar
Ok, watched it. It is actually FFA. Stands for Future Farmers of America. I was never in it, so fuzzy on details but basically it is kids that are in an after school organization that teaches them about farming. I believe that they raise animals while tracking everything and seeing the profits and losses, learn to handle animals, learn about agriculture, etc.
I was in FFA in High School. It was boys only, so when me and my best friend joined and took the classes, there was quite a to-do over it. The newspaper did a story on us. I raised a hog, got reserve grand champion and my friend raised a steer.

Thanks @Kusanar for explaining the FFA. @Baymule I bet you enjoyed, projects with friends as teenagers are always fun.

River Buffaloes

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am back. I hope and pray that you guys are doing well.

I left my job in Delhi and came back to my village once again. I was alone there and the situation in that city was tragic. It was like Titanic going down strapped to Lusitania. What's going on here is a humanitarian catastrophe.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am so glad you are back with us! I have often wondered about you and how you were doing. I liked the above post because I’m happy to hear from you. I also wanted to post a sad face because of what is happening in your country. Please stay safe. I will pray for you and your family.

India is on the news now and it is heartbreaking. Please keep posting and stay in touch with us.

River Buffaloes

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I am so glad you are back with us! I have often wondered about you and how you were doing. I liked the above post because I’m happy to hear from you. I also wanted to post a sad face because of what is happening in your country. Please stay safe. I will pray for you and your family.

India is on the news now and it is heartbreaking. Please keep posting and stay in touch with us.

Thank you so much. You are so kind. The situation is hopeless here. Healthcare system has collapsed and our politicians have failed us. If I live for a thousand years, I can never forget what I have seen. It's unbelievable. The greed, the suffering, the pain, the sacrifice, helplessness and selfishness I have seen in past two three weeks a man cannot express in words.

River Buffaloes

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
The Covid news from India is tragic. Most everyone in India must be suffering from PTSD by now. I'm glad you are safe and further from the danger.
Thank you. We hope to be safe, still we are not all that far from the danger. The virus seems to be omnipresent. People are dying in the village too.

River Buffaloes

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Moving on to Water Buffaloes. I recently joined a few Water Buffalo groups and liked some pages. They are mostly centered around US and Canada. I hope you will like them too. You will see that Water Buffaloes are not all that rare in the States anymore.

*FACEBOOK PAGES*

1. Erin's Acres Farm (CO)

2. Rocking TT Bar (CO)

3. Sarah Bella Buffalo Dairy, LLC

4. Fading D. Farm

5. Coleman Meadows Farm (B.C. Canada)

6. Ontario Water Buffalo Company (ON Canada)

*FACEBOOK GROUPS*

1. Water Buffalo Enthusiasts

2. Water Buffalo Talks

3. Water Buffaloes as draught animals, dairy animals and/or pets.

I hope that you will like them. We need more Water Buffaloes and people who raise them in the United States. Even if you would not raise Water Buffaloes you can encourage people who are raising them. If I am no longer around you can still learn about them.