B&B Happy Goats....journal

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't have fiah ants but I do have a "seasonal goat rash" that I prefer to think is poison instead of something from mites/scabies/ebola. Itches like a mofo!! Drs were stumped last year so not going back now lol. Gotta love 'em! And that's just my arms...View attachment 63292 View attachment 63293
It could be oak tree mites or chiggers....they will eat ya up and ya will be itching intensly for several weeks....when ya are taking a shower....get the water as hot as ya can stand it and it will feel good when ya get out the bumps will not itch for a whole afterwards....after a few treatments the intensity of the itch will subside some with each treatment......:)

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Did morning chores, flemish kits are out hopping everywhere in the hutch and eating pellets and hay, as soon as I can sex them , they will go on CL for sale, Queenies kits are tiny little naked things.....checked on the four sitting chickens and saw one little chick hatched :clap so will keep checking. Amber and Hope are going off by themselfs....kidding pen is ready, door is propped open just n case.....
Hope everyone has a great day :frow

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Did morning chores, flemish kits are out hopping everywhere in the hutch and eating pellets and hay, as soon as I can sex them , they will go on CL for sale, Queenies kits are tiny little naked things.....checked on the four sitting chickens and saw one little chick hatched :clap so will keep checking. Amber and Hope are going off by themselfs....kidding pen is ready, door is propped open just n case.....
Hope everyone has a great day :frow
Busy busy busy!

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
look like some kind of mite, similar to scabies.
They're under your skin, crawlin about, makin babies, watchin TV and drinkin beer and poopin everywhere...under your skin.
:hide
Just fire ants @greybeard. ..don't mean to disappoint you :lol::lol::lol::yuckyuck:gig

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Busy day today...started with after chores ,doing the drive to get groceries, hair cut, feed, bank, vegetable
Stand...then home, unload...put away...go check on animals..went back out to feed and Amber stayed in the goat house, I checked her...nonthing visable going on but had a gut feeling so I put her in kidding pen and went inside to get her a pail of water and B12 to add, I hear DH in a panic on the two way radio telling me to get out to the goat house NOW ..IT'S HAPPENING. ...seriously, I started laughing at his panic in his voice...the man can't be near them when they are in pain....I can hear Amber from inside the house bellow, by the time I got out there DH had helped her with the first and handed it to me and said "it was hanging, she couldn't get it out so I pushed on her side and it poped out" omg...funny to see him have goat birthing fluid on him (he is OCD about being clean) so I went in and saw a second kid in the corner...half the size of the first one....struggling to breath,...did all the syringeing, swinging etc. And got her going. Miss Amber has delivered two doe's five days sooner than expected. I am so proud of Leon for jumping in and getting his hands into goat birthing !
So I am about to photo bomb, with the just hatched chicks, flemish giant kits and goat pictures...I love living in the middle of nowhere with our critters :love