1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Peachicks - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

B&B Happy Goats....journal

Discussion in 'Member's "BackYardHerds" Journals' started by B&B Happy goats, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Jun 16, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

B&B Happy goats Herd Master Golden Herd Member

Yikes...goat alergy, lol. ....mine have gotten mites, and i itch...lol

2. Jun 16, 2019
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master

@PattyNH maybe the aloe vera gel with lidocaine will work for you too. We picked wild plums in the fence rows around here and got eat up with chiggers. I looked like I had a disease, covered with red spots. The lidocaine in the aloe vera gel kept it from itching.

PattyNH, AmberLops, SA Farm and 2 others like this.
  3. Jun 16, 2019
    CntryBoy777

CntryBoy777 Herd Master

It could be oak tree mites or chiggers....they will eat ya up and ya will be itching intensly for several weeks....when ya are taking a shower....get the water as hot as ya can stand it and it will feel good when ya get out the bumps will not itch for a whole afterwards....after a few treatments the intensity of the itch will subside some with each treatment......:)

PattyNH, AmberLops, SA Farm and 2 others like this.
  4. Jun 16, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY GUYS :frow :thumbsup

5. Jun 16, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

Did morning chores, flemish kits are out hopping everywhere in the hutch and eating pellets and hay, as soon as I can sex them , they will go on CL for sale, Queenies kits are tiny little naked things.....checked on the four sitting chickens and saw one little chick hatched :clap so will keep checking. Amber and Hope are going off by themselfs....kidding pen is ready, door is propped open just n case.....
    Hope everyone has a great day :frow

6. Jun 16, 2019
    AmberLops

AmberLops True BYH Addict

That's just NASTY!!!!:lol::gig

7. Jun 17, 2019
    Bruce

Bruce Herd Master

Busy busy busy!

8. Jun 17, 2019
    greybeard

greybeard Herd Master

look like some kind of mite, similar to scabies.
    They're under your skin, crawlin about, makin babies, watchin TV and drinkin beer and poopin everywhere...under your skin.
    :hide

9. Jun 17, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

Just fire ants @greybeard. ..don't mean to disappoint you :lol::lol::lol::yuckyuck:gig

10. Jun 17, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

Busy day today...started with after chores ,doing the drive to get groceries, hair cut, feed, bank, vegetable
    Stand...then home, unload...put away...go check on animals..went back out to feed and Amber stayed in the goat house, I checked her...nonthing visable going on but had a gut feeling so I put her in kidding pen and went inside to get her a pail of water and B12 to add, I hear DH in a panic on the two way radio telling me to get out to the goat house NOW ..IT'S HAPPENING. ...seriously, I started laughing at his panic in his voice...the man can't be near them when they are in pain....I can hear Amber from inside the house bellow, by the time I got out there DH had helped her with the first and handed it to me and said "it was hanging, she couldn't get it out so I pushed on her side and it poped out" omg...funny to see him have goat birthing fluid on him (he is OCD about being clean) so I went in and saw a second kid in the corner...half the size of the first one....struggling to breath,...did all the syringeing, swinging etc. And got her going. Miss Amber has delivered two doe's five days sooner than expected. I am so proud of Leon for jumping in and getting his hands into goat birthing !
    So I am about to photo bomb, with the just hatched chicks, flemish giant kits and goat pictures...I love living in the middle of nowhere with our critters :love