1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Peachicks - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

B&B Happy Goats....journal

Discussion in 'Member's "BackYardHerds" Journals' started by B&B Happy goats, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Jun 17, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

B&B Happy goats Herd Master Golden Herd Member

It's like a birth explosion happened....funniest was leon, you would of laughed so hard to hear him calling me...then to see his arms and hands in goat birthing goo...the guy still wears gloves to water the animals ! ...thanks for liking the pictures @Bruce....it has been a interesting and busy day :thumbsup

2. Jun 17, 2019
    frustratedearthmother

frustratedearthmother Herd Master

Holy Flipping Cow! I've never heard of such a thing. And I thought leeches were bad... :th

3. Jun 17, 2019
    Mike CHS

Mike CHS Herd Master Golden Herd Member

That is a nice platform and it's obvious your goats love it.

4. Jun 17, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

Thanks Mike, there are three levels to it....and "she who rules " gets the highest ....right now it's the two in the picture :) the one out in the goat play area is busy also,

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  5. Jun 18, 2019
    CntryBoy777

CntryBoy777 Herd Master

Not only is it valued for the "lounging", but it saves having to use a "barber pump" on the goats to get them in the "air" so ya don't have to bend too far.....or sit-n-do.....;).....our goats sure loved the deck on their house, and it worked well with the elevation changes for us.....the animals....BABIES and All!!!....:thumbsup
    @ Mike CHS ....maybe a platform in the chute would get the sheep up high enough to "trim" while standing or sitting....it would sure save the back.....:)

6. Jun 18, 2019
    Mike CHS

Mike CHS Herd Master Golden Herd Member

We trim them when they are in the chair. The back has gotten stronger in the last few years so any pain now is more annoyance than anything else. :)

7. Jun 19, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

Company just left, life will now go back to normal, lol....just one more goat to kid...I think...she has gained weight....due date should be the 22nd....no bagging at all..but her mom did the same thing, so time will tell. I really hope she isn't pregnant...
    Well its still raining, internet just went out...so this will post sometime ??? Have a great night .....internet is back,
    I have had enough of the rain...thunder and lightning....:frow

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  8. Jun 19, 2019
    AmberLops

AmberLops True BYH Addict

Man, I want more rain and thunderstorms!!
    We had thunder/lightning storms in the forecast for 12 days straight...and the only day it rained was yesterday and now the entire forecast changed to full sun and 90 degrees :th Oh well!
    It's always nice to have company but then it's also nice when they leave ha ha

9. Jun 19, 2019
    CntryBoy777

CntryBoy777 Herd Master

Well, it seems things are changing and very little is expected for the next 5-7 days....here....but, that means Heat and Humidity will rise....I do need some rain free parts of the day to get a few things done....gonna try to get brakes on the truck in the morning....have tried since monday, but each time I try it....it begins to rain....Gabbie is going "stir-crazy" also....:)
    Glad ya had a nice visit with your company....hope everyone behaved, appropiately!!.....:lol:

10. Jun 19, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

@CntryBoy777. ..what is appropriate behavior at 67 ?....
    I Am bruised all over from worming goats that are fustrated that we didn't build them a ark, instead of a goat house...:)