B&B Happy Goats....journal

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
That's wonderful news!!.....now when I get up there ya won't be lookin' at me so strangely..... :lol: ....tho, on the other hand....sometimes the "blob" is better without any "detail".....:gig.....I get the cheapo$10-15 frames from Wally.....I know...I know....I'm a man....:lol::gig:lol:..it is just having animals and they are always getting knocked off or poked, they are cheap to replace and readily available...and they change the lens for free.....long as lense isn't damaged....🤣

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
It's no wonder I couldn't see lol, my vision in my righ eye was 20/70 with these glasses and 20/40 in my left eye....new lens corrected to 20/ 40 in left and 20/25 in the right.....He said since the macular tear, that I will always have the blind area but I was lucky to have my perferial vision...so the cost of new lenses to put into my current frame are now $250.....visit $70 cash...and this is at Walmart Vision center , the only game around us for eyewear 🤓
I don't know if your macular tear results in some "weird" lens prescription, but if not, you might consider one of the online eyeglass providers. You still need to get a prescription locally....But the lens/frames are dirt cheap-like $25/pkg cheap- (non progressive bifocals). I've used one several times, as have 3 of my acquaintances. Never had a problem. Delivery takes about 10 days. The one I use even lets you download your picture so you can "try on" each frame to see how they look on you. I've been wearing glasses for 64 years (I was 3). When I was young and in my prime, my vision was 20/200. The receptionist would plop a set of frames on my face, show me a mirror, and ask "what do you think? I always thought all I see is a fuzzy blob where my face should be. The picture try on actually allows me to see what the frames look like on me.

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thank you, I will definitely look into the online option.....it certainly has to be better than buying at Wallyworld :highfive:
Suggestion? Go for it at WM. But get your prescription in hand also. (Make sure they tell you what your pupilary distance is-very important). Then, try an online place for a "backup" pair. It's worth $25 or so, just so you can compare the first time about quality, etc.(and we all need a spare from time to time). Bet you Never go back to wallyworld again.

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
@B&B Happy goats. Forgive me a short funny story? Remember when plastic lenses became popular. (Well, maybe you're not old enough to remember that). Anyway, I was insisting on glass lenses because I was rough on my glasses and the plastic scratched really easily. The ophthalmologist was trying mightily to persuade me to get plastic (remember I've been wearing glasses since I was 3).
"Oh, they're so light. Just think of the weight savings on your face" to which I replied, when I wake in the morning, I reach for my glasses before I open my eyes. At night I take my glasses off AFTER I shut the light off. They are a part of me, have been my whole life. You're talking about a weight saving? How about we also cut off a leg and replace it with plastic. That would probably save me another 50 lbs.
Progress!

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
@B&B Happy goats . sorry, it's me yet again. When it became necessary for me to get bifocals (happens to all of us eventually) it gave me an unusual problem. I was on the computer a lot. First, reading glasses (the bifocals part) usually has a focal distance of 11-16 inches. I was typically 20-22 inches from the computer screen. Plus, I had to tilt my head back to bring the bifocals into play. Head tilted, leaning forward, maximum discomfort! Sent an email to my online company explaining. They made me a single strength set of lenses with a focal distance of 18-24 inches. They stay beside the computer. Does require me to change glasses each time I'm online BUT WHAT A RELIEF! For $25 bucks.