B&B Happy Goats....journal

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Someone left you with their Cockatiel and ran to a less affected area?
IMG_20200522_163045562.jpg
One bird in a box.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
They're my goat watchers. They watched and milked my goats during a week of surprise blizzard and ice, I can watch their bird for a few months. He's too loud to take with them. They brought their little cockapoo, but the cockatiel would probably get them kicked out of wherever they are staying. Also, he is near the end of a cockatiel's natural life span, so a trip would probably be the end of him. He can hardly take flying across the room or hanging outside the cage for more than about half an hour. No endurance. He gets shaky when stressed at all. They said they wouldn't be surprised if we woke up one day and he was dead in the cage for us. He's obnoxious, but watching him is kind of a low obligation favor (obviously we'll do our best, just like our other animals). At least I didn't have to keep him for 15+ years. Chickens are quiet.

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
This morning I moved twenty eight chicks from the chick NICU to their grow out areas...and my neighbor wants to hatch out more chicks for me to raise, lmao..she loves hatching chicks in her dinning room! And I enjoy seeing her so happy doing it...
Starting to get the goats I have been. Milking to dry off, and everyone got their copper bolus this morning...
Moe is doing great, he is such a pleasant little buck and should make a good match for the ladies here.
I went hunting around for some racoon tracks to see if they had come back for more eggs but nonthing was showing up so I am hopeful that they may of moved on ???:fl
Leon is down and out with his back again on top of his aching mouth from the two teeth being pulled...he took some of his pain meds and is back in the bed .....guess he will be unavailable for a few days for getting that pig area done..
Wonder if I snuck out today and brought home a half dozen piglets and let em loose in the front yard .....🤔???
😂That would hurry things along at my house...6 piglets running loose...I can't even imagine...well I can, but...😂

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
We'll come...loaded far Baar!!..... :lol: .....they are relentless and ya always deal with a group....there will always be "lookouts" that lag back when the group is spooked....watching to see if the coast clears and then calls the group back in....we'll give them reason to hangout elsewhere....:thumbsup