Baymule's 500 Pound Boar!

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
oh good grief… thank you helpful neighbor. I use a flat an and pour their feed into it up towards the front and then exit thru the front door while they are thinking about coming into the trailer. if @greybeard volunteers to come rope Wilber and put him into the trailer please call me. it will be worth the trip to watch that show. good luck getting big boy to load up tomorrow.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Did the treat thing. Didn't feed him last night, nor did I feed him tonight. We will try again in the morning. I went out and talked to him a little while ago, may sound weird, but I talk to my animals and they listen.

As to why I am suddenly afraid of him, it is not so much fear as it is a healthy respect for his size and what he can do it he takes a notion. I don't want to get close and cozy. He was slow and sluggish in the heat, now he can move fast. LOL

@farmerjan my first batch of pigs, we backed the trailer in and left it for several weeks. they got used to eating in it and I just closed the gate. Since then, I switched where I keep them, but the boiled eggs and treats have always worked. Neighbor slapping the hog with the end gate scared him and he now may or may not get in the trailer. We'll see.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
According to the truck scales, freakin WOOOW!!! Wilbur weighed 820 pounds!! Having a hard time wrapping my brain around that! BJ says that’s right because Wilbur is huge. Still can’t believe it! Waiting on hanging weight to compare to 820 pounds!

Latest posts