Bruce's Journal

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sounds like ya both were better off not getting any of that storm.....smart to just let it "pass right on by".....:)
Can't disagree on that! Though some major quantity of the 1/2" rain predicted for today would have been nice. It is starting to turn into last summer again, no rain.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Since y'all up that way have been so Hot here as of late, maybe this will help to Cool ya down some.....
IMAG3074.jpg ......:)

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Got around to testing the slide function of the WoodMaxx 62H today now that I no longer have a leaking hydraulic adapter. It doesn't want to do it on the ground but is happy to go both ways at any elevation off the ground. This was using the curl/dump valves from the loader, worked fine. Slid all the way left it looks like it will cut at about the outside edge of the left tire (turns out the tractor is 5.5 feet wide, sure wish I had the PTO power to run the 78H) and all the way right will be a few inches to the right of the right rear tire. If I'm careful, that should get me pretty close to the fence line.

BUT I find I have a new problem. I think the only way I'm going to get the mower off the quick hitch is to create a level platform just below the mower at full height. As I lower the flail, the quick hitch runs into the top link bracket. Too much friction to let the QH drop even though there is no tension at all on the top pin. I guess the other idea is to get one of those extender things. In either case, I still needed the replacement top hook because I couldn't use the rake with the OEM one on the HF QH. Of course I haven't yet tried the rake on the QH, could be I'll find yet another problem.