Chicken picture contest!

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
I LOVE egg pictures too! These are our selling eggs. :)
No matter how many eggs we collect it still makes me smile to see all the pretty colors. I love poultry!

11-20-2012 114.jpg

Pioneer Chicken

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Great egg photo taylorm17!

Wow, Southern, your color variety in eggs is :drool . It looks like you have Olive eggers; is that right? And, as far as the very dark brown eggs, you must have marans, welsummers, or barnevelders, jah? :D Regardless, thanks for sharing! (and making us all jealous :p ). I like to prepare our selling eggs, too. It's such fun to see 'em fill the cartons and the variety of [shades of color (brown, white, cream, green) in my case :D] eggs. :)

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Great egg photo taylorm17!

Wow, Southern, your color variety in eggs is :drool . It looks like you have Olive eggers; is that right? And, as far as the very dark brown eggs, you must have marans, welsummers, or barnevelders, jah? :D Regardless, thanks for sharing! (and making us all jealous :p ). I like to prepare our selling eggs, too. It's such fun to see 'em fill the cartons and the variety of [shades of color (brown, white, cream, green) in my case :D] eggs. :)

The deep red eggs are Penedesenca's. They are at the very top of the pic. Welsummers are the terra cotta's and darker eggs along with my Red sex-links. Pink is Barred Rock and the green variants are EE's and Delacauna's. The light blue is from our EE's too. The rest are from the other bajillion breeds I breed. I LOVE THE COLOR!
We have 1 Marans and 1Barnevelder... neither lays a very dark egg. :rolleyes:

chicken pickin

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I LOVE egg pictures too! These are our selling eggs. :)
No matter how many eggs we collect it still makes me smile to see all the pretty colors. I love poultry!

View attachment 1868
Such a great egg basket you must have every day.
Im with you, I still cant wait to get outside and look for eggs. I think I check nest boxes 3-a gazzilion times a day depending on my mood lol