CL... It's no joke

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
So sorry for your loss. Hard under any circumstances but exponentially more so when so many herd members are involved. Tough road ahead... Best wishes moving forward. :hugs

BlessedWithGoats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you LS. :( I pray the rest of them are healthy and get clean results.

Maybe that's what Shaya really died from, like a friend mentioned... They said she had an abcess on her liver that ruptured. Maybe it was CL. :hit

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am so sorry. It is so hard to have to make that kind of decision. We had to put down my favorite ewe because she had a ruptured pre pubic tendon, she died in my arms. I understand your pain.

BlessedWithGoats

Herd Master
Reaction score
I got blood drawn on all the boys, except for Bergamot. I tried and tried and only got a little bit of blood from him, which ended up in the cap. Not sure if I accidentally squeezed the syringe or what. Anyhow...

He is short, and very hairy. I tried trimming his fur where I thought the vein would be. I still didn't get it. His vein was hard to find, if I found it at all. I can't put him on a stand right now... @OneFineAcre @Southern by choice @Goat Whisperer and anyone else with Nigies, do you have any advice on how to draw blood from Bergamot?

Thank you!