CLSranch a journal to compensate my lack of memory.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We got some rain the last of August, but nothing since then. It's dry again. But at least the grass got a boost and the sheep have grass to eat.

Hope you get another job coming up soon.

CLSranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The pasture after pulling the horses off for 3 months and the $400 water bill in July.

KIMG0275.JPG

That is a 3yr olds boot for comparison. Well the beer was but he had to run up.

KIMG0276.JPG
That is a random picture I took just because you don't see a Blue grasshopper everyday. But you can see the yard in the back ground. The grasshopper met the boys turtles.
KIMG0274.JPG
The neighbor has sold all of his cattle due to the oncoming feed bill.
Hope everyone else is well

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
That’s what west Texas looks like. Just need rain.
My pastures need mowing to knock down the goat weed and bitterweed. It’s not real bad, but needs tending to. I won’t be doing that this year. I’m one week and one day out from knee replacement surgery, my git along has a slight hitch in it. Son left out this morning for job. I got the front fence row sprayed.

CLSranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
That’s what west Texas looks like
I know but this ain't a job in Odessa:lol: this is an hour from MO or AR.:he. Just kidding. Although it is common to look like that here from all the rain coming 2 weeks after the grass dies and then some of the weeds pick up. Often we get just enough just in time to save it. When I pulled everything off of that pasture the 1st of July it was to get it up and growing for now then back off until next spring so it could actually handle the animals next year.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bummer. You can't even sow rye grass seed now for extra early grazing, no moisture to even make it sprout. I hope you get some relief soon.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have another dead giant oak tree right at the driveway/yard that has to come down. Took out 5 dead oaks in the yard in July, this one was sneaky and waited until after the tree guy was gone, to die. Thanks a lot stupid tree. Tree guy wants a ram from me, I have a fabulous looking little guy, 1 month old, that I'll hopefully work a trade out of some sort with. I won't let him go until he's 4-5 months old. He has kids and I want to give this ram a proper start, friendly, but respectful. This lamb's momma always has gorgeous lambs and I know what this ram will grow up to be. This time she singled, so he's getting ALL the milk and her udder is like a volley ball.

CLSranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
It's always nice to trade, especially when paying for specific services. I hear of some of the prices people in town pay for tree removal and I can only think WHY, if not near a house I'd do it for the wood. But I charge some pretty good prices for welding or tractor work, I think it's still 10-20 less than many others though. Inflation has hit that too.

CLSranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thankfully we got 1/2" of rain last night with more possible. Need it soon before the days get to short for anything to grow. I've thrown my cig butts in the burn pit and never started a fire even when trying. I've done it twice in the last week. Even had to break out the water hose on the second one.

CLSranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Well this is just a story about my stupidity. I wish I could say ignorance but I knew better. I went out fixing fence with the oldest son. He wanted to check the bee hives after getting dark and it's been very windy today. I put my hand on one side and the other of one hive. Then I put my hand on a couple of the sides of the other hive. THEN a brain (or lack of brain) storm. I can really feel them if I put my hand on the bottom of the screened board it is a lot thinner than the wall. Well the board isn't there on the bottom because???? well it's just screened. So I put my hand on the bottom and I got a sting through the screen. Dumb A$$.

It's not all bad the stings are actually healthy. One of the reasons I wanted to get bees. It may be uncomfortable now but can help later. Amazing little creatures The honey, propolis, bees wax AND EVEN the stings are healthy as long as you not allergic.