CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
It has been a bit crazy here, the past few days.....I wish to "protest" some....and I double checked to make sure I was on my "thread".....;)
All that I've been hearing as I'm being "poked and prodded" has been, if I did the cutting....then, there were to be 2 that would gather the pcs and put on or by the burn piles....so, when 1 of the 2....went to pickup the 2nd....our 9yr old GD to spend a few days with us......I picked up the chainsaw and laid all that stuff down, but a bunch of it was on top of the grass that needed mowing.....well, I've waited 2 days and not a single stick has been moved....so, I picked the mess up and cut the grass....the only thing that bothers me is....I didn't have to cut the pcs as small if it is me moving them and that means fewer steps and fewer times of bending over....oh well, I can't get too upset....Joyce made cinnamon swirl bread today.......we have found a nest being used by the game fowl here....there are 8 eggs in it, so will keep an eye on it to see what happens......:)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeh.....it was raining....then it was too Hot....then it was the grass is wet....then....well, ya get the "picture"....it is Joyce's only grandaughter....and this is her 1st time ever, staying at our house, by herself......I just didn't have a "winning hand" this time.....;).....use to be an old tune....ya got to Know when to Hold em, know when to Fold them, know when to Walk away, and know when to Run.....well, I ran and picked the sticks up and cut the grass too.....:)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, we don't have to be concerned about the top of the Big pine leaning across the oak anymore....the storm that came thru yesterday dropped it to the ground....it is still leaning on the oak.....just much further down....;)
IMAG4386.jpg IMAG4387.jpg
....thankfully it missed the shed....and am glad I didn't pay to have it dropped.....the problem we have now is it is too wet to burn....it dumped .8" on us in a couple of hrs....will get on the chainsaw tomorrow or the next day...depending on how easy the plumbing repair may take....hoping to find the right seat for the faucet valves in the main tub....:)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've done some research and it seems that hurricane Irma passed pretty close to this place...and this is residual damage from that time....been a couple of yrs, but that is my thinkin...the shed needs some work, mainly roof panels....I don't have the $$ yet, but I'm trying locate them locally to see the cost....the frame on the doors have to be replaced, but the walls are really solid and it would make a great area for equipment and tools....it is on a slab and has hurricane straps attached to the slab.....previous falling limbs ent and separate a couple of panels and it does leak inside when it rains....:)

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, we don't have to be concerned about the top of the Big pine leaning across the oak anymore....the storm that came thru yesterday dropped it to the ground....it is still leaning on the oak.....just much further down....;)
:yesss: Looks easy to get down now. If it has been dead for a couple of years, I doubt a recent rain will make it hard to burn.

Latest posts