CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, got up this mornin and was a bit sore, but all-n-all not too bad....tho, I realized that I was out of green BCs...so, before Joyce left this mornin....ran to the store and got some...:weee.....tho, I didn't actually run...I drove...;)....but after the dble dose felt almost normal, so....why not check the chainsaw out and see if I had resolved the issue.....
IMAG4363.jpg IMAG4365.jpg
....the 1st one is the low hanging branch that was behind the house....and the 2nd one is 2 dead limbs that are entangled on the limb that is sagging down...up a bit higher than the pic shows.....I thought it wise to take advantage of the convience to crop that limb off as high as I could reach , before "lifting" the weight holding it down.....I also started on the area I have mentioned before....IMAG4367.jpg....this will all be cleared in preparation for the fence....I also fulfilled a "promise" today...the limb lying on the ground in the middle of the pic has been a general PITA since we have been here...we both have bumped our heads on it several times....I've "limboed" with it while mowing....since it sagged to the ground....and walking Gabbie with her "trailing" something have even come close to being "clotheslined" a few times....the very first time I bumped my head, I promised to it then, that as soon as I cranked the saw up...I was gonna take ya OUT.....well....it won't happen anymore...I tell ya...:)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
God bless whoever invented chain saws. :yesss:

Your place sure is looking better!

3.7 acres on our road just sold, asking price was $59,500, don't know what price was accepted. Stopped and met the "new neighbors". They said not only was there a burned out house (can see from the road) but the surveyor found an abandoned mobile home back in the trees. They got to looking and found TWO MORE. :thThey sure got a mess to clean up!

And we thought our place was a mess. I'm starting to think we got off pretty light. :)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
In most areas ya can check CL and find someone that buys mobile homes as salvage and will pay ya something for it and haul it off....started to do that with mine, but wasn't allowed to remove any structures during that period, so just had to leave it.....:)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
$16K per acre? OUCH!!!! And now they get to pay to get rid of 3 mobile homes and the burned out house. Glad I'm not looking for land there.

Land prices have exploded here. It has gotten stupid. It is the school district, people want their kids to go to Lindale schools. These people don't have any school age kids. Cross the school district line and prices drop substantially.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
In most areas ya can check CL and find someone that buys mobile homes as salvage and will pay ya something for it and haul it off....started to do that with mine, but wasn't allowed to remove any structures during that period, so just had to leave it.....:)
My guess is that mobile homes found buried deep in the woods wouldn't likely have much salvage value.

Latest posts