1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Update on our 4 piggies - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

Discussion in 'Member's "BackYardHerds" Journals' started by CntryBoy777, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Jun 26, 2019
    CntryBoy777

CntryBoy777 Herd Master

It is all in 20yrs of "depending" on another as a "safety valve", but when ya Need it, it ain't there....I wouldn't have had to walk but 1 way.....with her not here and not "knowing" a single person here....closest is an hr away....I had to "give it All I had"....it kinda reminded me off my "interupted" trip to @Mike CHS to see them....walking the town to find my truck....:)

2. Jun 26, 2019
    Mike CHS

Mike CHS Herd Master Golden Herd Member

I really felt bad about the way that visit turned out.

3. Jun 26, 2019
    CntryBoy777

CntryBoy777 Herd Master

No need to.....nothing was your fault at all....it sure made it "memorable"....but, would've been much Nicer with a Better "memory made".....:)

4. Jun 26, 2019
    greybeard

greybeard Herd Master

Many, if not most places, the local PD will open a locked vehicle for you if it's an old school type vehicle without a remote type coded key.
    Locking myself out of my truck (in 2009 100 miles from home) is why I now carry a spare key in my wallet at all times for my 08 Silverado.

5. Jun 27, 2019
    Bruce

Bruce Herd Master

Even new vehicles! When DD1's car was hit last summer the responsible person's insurance company sent a guy out to assess, basically a new Ford SUV. Brilliant design, the door locks automatically when closed if the key isn't in the ignition. It had a keypad on the door but he didn't know the code. Apparently it was set by the sales guy and they hadn't changed it to something they would remember. He called the home office then Ford. A guy came out with his thin metal bar, had the door open 1 minute after he arrived.

Haven't made that front door modification yet?

Dang I'm sure sorry you had to go through all that!

6. Jun 27, 2019
    CntryBoy777

CntryBoy777 Herd Master

Gotta go pick Joyce up here shortly, but I wanted to share some more of her "handy work"....she really does very well....imo..... IMAG4318.jpg ......this is a pillow case.....she can't just sit still unless she is busy with something.....:).....in the next one, I'm trying to explain to Gabbie what a lamancha looks like....;).....
    IMAG4316.jpg

7. Jun 27, 2019
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master

Joyce does some beautiful and very fine handwork.

8. Jun 27, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

B&B Happy goats Herd Master Golden Herd Member

She sure does :thumbsup

SA Farm and CntryBoy777 like this.
  9. Jun 27, 2019
    Bruce

Bruce Herd Master

Fred is right, Joyce isn't a "sitter". Up early, ready to do stuff all day!

10. Jul 2, 2019
    CntryBoy777

CntryBoy777 Herd Master

We had a really good day today....we were able to visit some friends and spend some time with them and get our minds off the things here....it is good to get a "breath of fresh air" and have some "interaction" with others of the same "species" for a change.....;).....Gabbie pranced and danced for us when we came back....she loves to do figure 8s thru my legs when she is overly excited....:ep....no plans for the 4th, but may fire up the grill for some kind of pork....but, staying home...out of traffic, in the AC, and it won't be overcrowded.....:).....should be getting an increase in the chances of "relief" heading into the wknd, so hoping to keep making "babysteps" during the heat....we hope ALL have Safe travels if ya are gonna be on the road.....:fl