Coffee anyone ?

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
I know I should be working on house work today but.... it's so nice outside and cool I might play hooky and work outside instead. Lol okay so we were checking in the garden for ripe tomatoes and I told my four year old son that if he saw any tomatoes on the ground to pick them up and they could ripen inside well i should have said if you saw any that fell off the plant lol he started picking them off the plant because alot of them are touching the ground lol he was do happy lol. My bad I had to correct my self and him on it. Lol oh well they still ripen.

That is classic. Time for fried green tomatoes for dinner, courtesy of the children! There might be a good way to oven bake tomatoes like oven baked fries if frying is too messy and time consuming for you.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
Turning in John's 4H electric project and getting groceries. And then meatpen bunnies go and get tattooed this evening. We got our videos all finished but not uploaded.... got all the show bunnies ready, tattooed all but the meatpen. Records are mostly ready. It's an interesting year. But it's something.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee. We will work in the sheep barn again today. Then we'll take off for a week. We go to Fort Worth tomorrow to pick up our 3 grand daughters! Our DD and DSIL will come next Tuesday, spend the night, then leave Wednesday morning for Missouri to go visit friends. We shall resume tilling the hard pack and spreading it on pasture next week. We will enjoy our grand daughters!

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yay coffee, okay so th is headed to talk us again today. He didn't get home till 12am last night I fell asleep waiting for him ops. The kids and I will be going to the bank and possibly going to our local feed store. Still have to many chores to catch up on. We still planning to see my parents this weekend so far hopefully they continue but we shall see.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee -- fresh and good! Have some.

Slept until 8:30! Wow. Mainly due to not going to bed until 2.am. MUST retrain self -- get to bed by 10 & back up at 6. This stay at home crap has screwed up my schedules, work out, at home, everything. Boo!

Home today and wasting daylight. :idunno Seems ok, right now. ;)

Still haven't mowed grass. Yard will need to be hayed if this keeps up. Plus, I've discovered "something" is moving in under the big coop. Yep, holes under, in & out. ??? Skunk? Rabbit? Haven't seen....just in last 3 days. Don't know what to bait in a trap....guess several things. No cams. I'm thinking to toss a bunch of mothballs in there. Not much of anything will stay with that. Also considered, a hose -- maybe flood "it" out. What fun! :th

Time to go. Move goats to other pastures -- both groups. May trim some hooves, depends on who I can convince to be penned for it. Plenty to do.....

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Another rainy day :(. But the good news is my housework is done (ok I could dust all the high stuff that nobody can see...) and the laundry is caught up. If laundry can ever be caught up, seems there's always more "seed" material for the next crop.
I texted my big job and said I'd be there Friday, and she said just take the week off because she doesn't want me to get sick working in the rain. Which is hilarious. If she could see me working on spring cleanups before she arrives for the summer... :rolleyes: They really have nooo idea what's involved in maintaining their property.
But I don't mind being home. It's Kid#2 for dinner day anyway and maybe the rain will let up and I can play with Syringa and maybe mow some weeds too.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
:caf Have 2nd cup in hand. Just getting daylight here. A muggy 69, thanks to late day showers. Fast, hard, wet! Well, garden got it's needed watering and I had finished mowing the yard! :) Good timing.

It was hot and I was filthy after outside work all day yesterday. Like so dirty I felt I couldn't work on anything else until I showered! So grimy. I can assure you all the dust wasn't just dirt & I sweated into a mud pie. Showered, then rains came....so, just watched it rain while I ate. Then, closed coops and done for the day! Done -- as in pooped from all the heat as it was 95 out there most of the day. But got a lot off my list besides the mowing. Hope to get the trimmer doing it's job today. The list grows, I swear. Always something for tomorrow.

Can't believe it's July already. Half of 2020 is over. Hasn't been a good half either, with all the sickness & commotion. :( Holiday weekend coming up. Hope everyone can find a way to enjoy & celebrate. I'll probably work outside and have a cold beer. Yeah, real partier. :lol:

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
First day of DH's time off. He made coffee. Chores and back in the garden for weeding. We've been eating zucchini and yellow squash, Cole slaw too. Always nice to start the eating. DH needs to get the two vehicles he bought from his Grandpa's transferred to his name so the bmv for him. Jocelyn has speech and then dentist appointments for two of the kids.

Latest posts