Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our weather today through Wed AM
Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 1.42.07 PM.png

Niele da Kine

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Donuts are good! Haven't had any of those in a LONG time! We get malasadas around here, which is a Portuguese 'donut' that doesn't have a hole in it.

Being gimpy today, I hauled too many concrete blocks when building the new raised bed garden so now I've got a gimpy wing. Arrgh! Just a pulled muscle, it will be better, but I'd rather be building the garden than gimping around with an arm in a sling. Although, it's a rainy day so that makes it better being gimpy when outside stuff is marginal.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Up for a while, already on 2nd cup. Slept well, just can't be there much more than 7 hrs. Hear a roo crowing and not daylight. Maybe the light from back window has him going -- or ? -- forgot to turn it off after changing out 2nd laundry load. Moonlight is filtering thru the overcast sky...who knows! Just hear him going off...could be the cats in the barn that he's alerting to. Hmmmm...good morning neighbors! 😏

Saw a young bald eagle in the general area a couple days ago. Makes me a little wary with goats who will be starting to kid later this month. Will keep watch for skyward threats.

Supposedly drier weather for a week. Sure need that! If we get the temps and sunshine they predict, we might dry up some! Would love it....this mud sucks. :(

Yesterday DD called with hot water tank issues, scared. She turned breaker off..good! Had been sparking at tank connection on front panel, you could see some soot, so glad she was home. Some calls followed on prices of tank, replacement labor, etc. She's looking at $450-500 tank and $700 labor. Wow! Her dad says he will do labor, that sure helps! So, I'm supplying hot showers up here at my house until it can be done, Thu or Fri. She just had some big car and truck repairs on both vehicles last month...as in a couple grand...can't catch a break.

Be time to start chores soon...maybe I'll grab some toast first. 🤔

Last edited:

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on. Looney toons too.
Ended up getting a trailer load of hay from the farm yesterday afternoon. Ground was mostly frozen still and 99% of the snow is gone. Our pond hole finally is filled.
Connected with my meat rabbit source, will go get does and cages in a couple of weeks.
Today school, speech and riding lesson, I have a rabbit thawed for supper, going to cut it up and have fried rabbit, or and corn on the cob.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee. I’m actually getting a cup of coffee before going to the barn to feed bottle lambs. Of course when I feed them, I feed the ewes and put out creep feed. Sometimes I do all the morning chores, sometimes I come back to the house and go back out later. LOL Tomorrow it’s going to be sunny and we are going to get feed. I bought extra last month because we were running out of the bulk feed for the steer. I sure was glad we had extra, I fed all the animals extra during the super cold weather we had. It’s going to be fun getting feed to the horse barn. The mule is down and the truck would get stuck, so will have to shuttle feed in the tractor bucket, 4 bags at a time.

Latest posts