Coffee anyone ?

CLSranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Good morning all. Mini H I'm used to the 7 hrs. After my sleep apneia not being tended to it finally got the better of me. Sometimes When I get up at 5 and say I don't have to wake up early today, I find my self getting back up at 9 and it being my best sleep. Started getting better and since getting laid off I haven't been able to consistently go to bed early. My schedule is all out of whack.
Having several cups of coffee before I bother with pants today.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning all. Mini H I'm used to the 7 hrs. After my sleep apneia not being tended to it finally got the better of me. Sometimes When I get up at 5 and say I don't have to wake up early today, I find my self getting back up at 9 and it being my best sleep. Started getting better and since getting laid off I haven't been able to consistently go to bed early. My schedule is all out of whack.
Having several cups of coffee before I bother with pants today.
We are retired. After a lifetime of living by the clock, it is nice to not bother with an alarm. We wake up at all hours. 2 AM is NOT when I want to wake up! 5 AM is ok, but 6 or 7 is better.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are going to Sulphur Springs for feed this morning. It’s 32F this morning, after our winter storm we had, it feels balmy. LOL LOL Sunny today, so will warm up. I think it’s dried up enough that we can get the truck to the horse barn. We unload at the sheep barn, then the horse barn.

Thanks for the coffee, it’s good this morning. I made egg and sausage breakfast burritos, y’all help yourselves! Gonna finish this cup, make the bottles for the lambs, do chores and make like a tree and leaf. LOL

CLSranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Mmmm Breakfast burritos DELISH.
I think it’s dried up enough that we can get the truck to the horse barn
I've been using the 4 wheeler or tractor lately. Both are lighter than the truck and don't rut things up near so bad, even with the knobby tires.
Although "double stacking" is a pain. Unloading the truck then unloading what ever you put it on to get to the horse barn.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Got up to a light frost which burned off really fast! Did feeding and found a partially devoured chicken...been loosing a couple a week, usually totally carried off, so had reworked any entries for a fox and it stopped. Now this!! :somad. Figured possum. Tonight, I found this big old possum back for what was his last chicken dinner! That bad boy died slowly and with a bad headache. I had grabbed my machete by the door. Go ahead, call PETA!! :old Deserved what it got....another younger one got away but, damaged for sure. Yes, I was planning for two RIPs.

Don't mess with an angry old woman! I'll do what I must. Tomorrow I'll carry my pistol at night. Hard to use in the barn, though....lot of hidy holes.

Otherwise, my day was uneventful. Weather great! 😁 I'm enjoying some wine.

Last edited:

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Got up to a light frost which burned off really fast! Did feeding and found a partially devoured chicken...been loosing a couple a week, usually totally carried off, so had reworked any entries for a fox and it stopped. Now this!! :somad. Figured possum. Tonight, I found this big old possum back for what was his last chicken dinner! That bad boy died slowly and with a bad headache. I had grabbed my machete by the door. Go ahead, call PETA!! :old Deserved what it got....another younger one got away but, damaged for sure. Yes, I was planning for two RIPs.

Don't mess with an angry old woman! I'll do what I must. Tomorrow I'll carry my pistol at night. Hard to use in the barn, though....lot of hidy holes.

Otherwise, my day was uneventful. Weather great! 😁 I'm enjoying some wine.
Very glad you got 1, sorry you missed the 2nd.

CLSranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Live traps upon the 1st one missing THE 1st or just always. Also the dog proof traps can work on possums as well, but if you use corn a squirrel can get in there. Pre machete & pre another loss.

Latest posts