Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Pouring rain. Thanks for coffee! Watching cartoons with little granddaughters, 13 year old is still sleeping. Yesterday’s trip was miserable. Rained all the way and back. I-20 is bad enough, throw in rain, low visibility and high speed bumper cars and it was down right scary. Got home at 9 last night. Now that we are home, the rain is welcomed.

Animals didn’t get fed last night, I’ll go out in the rain in a little while and feed.

Yesterday when I moved the chicken tractor, I set it down on a pullet. It broke her neck, I was upset with myself. Was leaving at noon, still had a lot to do, didn’t want to clean chicken. I tossed her over the fence to the pigs. Heck, they caught and ate a crow, why not a plump CCX chicken? BJ came out and I was going to show him the chicken, it was gone. Not even a feather left. Pigs are savages.

Y’all have a great weekend!

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning all. Up to light light rain with a heavy line coming in and cold weather that started last night.
I was going to show him the chicken, it was gone. Not even a feather left. Pigs are savages.
When I was a kid we fed our dead chickens to the pigs. It didn't take long. Now remember when wanting to get rid of a bigger "body", you need to forget to feed them for a few days first. :gig :hide

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for coffee. Chores are done, sunny but only 39. Some friends found morels earlier this week, not us though. Did I mention softball starts tomorrow? Sigh, I'm a gluten.
Mom and DH's geldings keep putting their hay tire in the fence... usually I can just pull it out but today had to turn off the fence they had it in there so far. So they can just have one tire to keep their hay from blowing away. I'm so sick of those two. They are so neglected and I just don't have time. DH and Mom never even look at them. V E R Y Frustrating. Anyways today we have school, then speech. Hoping to get to the library, rabbit cages cleaned then kids have sleepovers, one of which I get to go to, DH will have the place to himself. Tomorrow we'll get home, do chores, have bunny buyers coming. Then lunch, SB practice.... still didn't get the lawn finished mowing, DH may be stuck with that chore after all.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Merry Christmas...I mean, good morning, from New England.
Bailey the dog says "Screw it" and went back to bed. I echo Bailey's sentiment, but no bed for me.
Snow is overrated.
Time to figure out how to get feed and Dh's birthday stuff while putting the kids through a half day of school. KID RODEO. yee hah. (feel that excitement(?))
Last day before spring break and a week long packing party for us.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Got feeding done in the rain. Walked to neighbors to get my tractor. The lever that operates the front end bucket came off in my hand yesterday. Neighbor welded it back on. Soaking wet, peeled off outer layer, breakfast for little girls, somewhere in here I get a shower.

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
CLSD4112021-1.jpgCLSD4112021-7.jpgCLSD4112021-16.jpgCLSD4112021-36.jpgCLSD4112021-8.jpg
Working the filly the other day. And I got some help.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score