Coffee anyone ?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks @Baymule
Worked on our garden yesterday afternoon. Burned the brush pile mainly but also still had to pick up the pine limbs that came down in the ice storms. One tree in particular was hit hard. I think garden is ready for tilling now. But we'll wait a few days....rain starts late this afternoon then snow.... :duc might attempt to save my pear tree buds....it's in full bloom. Snow all day tomorrow. By Thursday Spring should be coming back. Not looking forward to it.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Morning all. Just want to say that my wallet proudly survived the chicken auction I went to yesterday. Some of the prices were ridiculous, there were birds going for $55 a head at times. It really made me reconsider culling roosters, when they could easily fetch some money. Plenty of show quality birds sold, but there were a few times I would think that maybe the group of birds would be practical, only to see the prices skyrocket before I had even grabbed my number. Still came home with 8 birds, four were birds that I would have kicked myself for not bidding on because birds were going for so much, and the pen was $50, but I am definitely wishing I had not gotten them. Oh well, with some time, someone will want two pairs of Brahmas.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hey, do any of you have a mudroom type entrance to your house? What size is it and do you like the size?

Hubby is wanting to add a mudroom/entryway that would be the new front entrance to the house and I'm trying to figure out dimensions that would work. It would feed into the kitchen/eating area. Right now the front door enters into the laundry room so we want to change where the entryway is located.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have one accessed through the enclosed porch. Roughly 6.5' x 9'. 3' door to porch on the south east end, opposite the doorway to the hall. 4.5' closet in the NE corner. Space for a bench opposite the closet. We keep a boot tray to the right of the door as you come in from the porch and one on the left going into the house proper.

Seems a useful size for us.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Afternoon all todays a baking day going to make french bread, sandwich bread, hamburger buns, maybe some blueberry muffins already made. i thinking of making some breakfast cakes, cinnamon rolls and maybe some other breakfast items. i have a five gallon bucket full of eggs and still more to collect need to use as much as possible.