Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today, some rains. So, went to work in morning, then went to get a CL buy...another incubator set up. While there, saw goats, talked, looked and found two kids I wanted to buy. No prices given me and one was already under consideration by another who recently bought others. Wait and see. But his Boer buck is great, these kids are his and 90%ish boer. Guess I'll be waiting to see if I can spend more money. 😁 You never know how innocently things happen! Just hope any pricing is decent.

Rains predicted for some amount of three days this week, so scheduling work. Might as well. Next week looks like better weather -- esp if I've moved the jobs up to be off.

Eggs!! Oh, my! Overabundance. Cooking, sharing, selling...now I'll hatch some! :idunno I have some good layers and nice roos to complement them. Might as well. Can raise or sell. Have enough grow out pens. Generally I have several broody hens by this time. If any choose that route, then I'll see to it they'll wake up to chicks one day. :)

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mud room....yes!! Oh, I'd love to close in my back porch. Don't want solid but a series of sliding door units would work. Expensive. One day. :fl

It's raised, concrete and garage opens to it at one end...rather than into my house. On east of house, open to south at other end. I'd use that end like a green house. It will happen sometime.

Simpleterrier

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Mud room is the old garage under the house. Man door from out side and 8' garage door. All barn coat's and boots and work boots are in there. Both freezers a work bench tote storage and grill. There isn't enough room for a car so it is the mud room it is 20x20. Half bath right inside of house off of mud room

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
That is unfortunate. Maybe you'll have a change of heart tomorrow, especially if you can sell the Brahmas.
I do slightly regret getting the Brahmas, but at the same time I know I would have been kicking myself if I didn't get them, because they sold as rocks, and were the cheapest by far that went through during the hour they went through. I have to say that I think one Rooster will not be sold, but not be staying in the coop. The hens I think will be really nice if they get time to look decent and not be getting bred constantly.
So right now, I am not thrilled with them, but also not completely mad about getting them.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. Our son came in last night. They are building a gas station in Palestine, the office/shop is in Brownsboro, so he spent the night here. He’ll finish up his part this morning, then break down the crane and drive it back to Lufkin. Top speed is 50 MPH, there is a couple of long stretches of 2 lane road, can imagine a string of annoyed drivers behind him. LOL

This morning a lady is bringing me some bricks she needs to get rid of. I’m scrounging and don’t even have to go get them. Haha, I’ll take that deal!

Going to take the free 2” PVC pipe to Robert’s to use his chop saw, cut them, start gluing pieces together and make 2 chicken tractors. A friend cleaned up around his place and gave it to me. I’ll have to buy a few pieces to finish up, but I have most of it.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is. Need to get moving, someone coming after bunnies 8:30. Need to check the NZ doe too. No snow yet, 36° and damp.
Yesterday got school done, found a couple of used trail pads for the kids, groceries and some 4H stuff.
Today another 4H meeting this evening. My crock pot is getting a lot of use, yesterday made chilli, today a pot roast.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Crock Pots are still an awesome cooking method for busy people! Yeah, I have instapot,too. Both have their advantages. In winter, ovens do double duty. 😁 I actually used an outside grill for first time in years on Sunday. Charcoal and all! Enjoyed the taste but not the time to get it going. No starter chimney.

Bout the same here as yesterday, low 40s and going to mid 70s. Hopefully No rain along with. Working anyway, so only feed time issue if it does. But I sure do need to mow the yard!!! Dry works better.

Need to get through my coffee fix. Have a great day everyone.

Latest posts