Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Rain started here about 3.....not bad, unless you ask the goats. :lol:

Darn son got here today...of course, not as early as I had started but, got corners dug, posts in and braced. I had already pounded last posts in, we stretched and connected. I took down last 60 feet and, few more posts pounded, fence up!!!

Opened gate and goats ran right to their barn....they had a place out of rain but, not "their barn".....spoiled, ya know? Creatures of habit! Pics tomorrow. Wow, I'm glad to have that done but, tired. Have more but, not in tomorrows plans. 😁 Maybe a trip to dump with a lot of old fence to toss. They don't open until 12:30 Sunday so, can relax in morning, then crank tractor & load it. Far easier than last two days. Another 330' roll to go up but not sure exactly where it's most needed. A lot of my fence is no climb but, the field fence type is the issue for goats. Also some of the oldest type here...only Mini horses then.

Another reason goats are so hard on fence is the fact that they like to eat the stuff that grows on our fence lines -- thank you birdies! -- brambles, honeysuckle, trees....yep birds are planters. Goats like to stand on the fence to reach the highest. ;) They stroll on by a plain fence (unless something makes them want to eat what's on other side :() but, add honeysuckle and it's a picnic. Plus, if nose goes thru they think a body can too....soon, there's a hole in said fence....or a stuck goat!

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
DH did work yesterday morning then he turned off his phone. I spent the morning grading and prepping, 3 more weeks of school. In the afternoon we ran up to do some shopping then went to the farm to work in the attic. Rained some, but mostly a drizzle and not measurable. Today we're going back to the farm, no rain so moving stuff around. We need to get the small manure spreader and the roller from the back of the pole barn. DH may work ground. Really need to get the hay ground seeded.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee. PA I hope you get a lot accomplished at the farm. Mimi horses I’m glad you got so much fencing done. Have a great day!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm just relaxing this tired old body this morning. I smiled as I saw the goats checking out the new fence...looking for the escape hatch! Where'd it go??? Yeah, satisfaction for me. 😁 Is that sadistic? Nawhhh.

Warm but overcast. Rained off and on overnight but blowing out. Supposed to be sunny later and all week!!! Temps going up. Maybe I can get garden going one day. Saturday, will be meeting up at a chicken swap with Farmerjan. Fun day. We both deserve a fun day!!! :yesss: I no longer get "vacations" so day trips count. Going to carry a few cages, in case something I'm not needing wants to follow me home. :lol:

WHEN the sun arrives, I'll take a walk around and decide what next project will be....beyond the garden, which is critical. A casual walk to find problems. You know, I wonder just what "City folk" do without such constant things to schedule! 🤔🤪🥳

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning all. Going to have a nice warm up with a return to spring.... for 3 days anyway.
Plus, if nose goes thru they think a body can too....soon, there's a hole in said fence....or a stuck goat!

Another reason I don't have goats anymore. Instead of new fence I put up 3 strands of hot wire inside the barbwire fence. Lead nanny would just back up and run through teaching all the others not to respect the electric. I had a blue heeler that would run from the front porch all the way around that pasture and run them back in on command. They got to going in as soon as she ran down the road to get around. But they'd STILL get right back out.
I miss that dog. I have her daughter, equally mean but not near as good.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Some clouds but getting partly sunny, a little breezy. Had about .45 inches rain yesterday afternoon and night. Good slow soaking type. Could have used more at the nice rate it was coming down.

Lots to do, will post on my journal. Temps to get in the 80's :ep :ep :celebrate this week, really too warm for this time of year.... but will be nice. Looks like rain Thursday into Friday, then sunny for Saturday... Looking forward to meeting up with @Mini Horses ... anyone else in the area is welcome to come make it a BYH meet and greet!!!!

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Morning all. The starling dd1 was caring for took a sudden turn for the worse yesterday no clue what happened but it passed away yesterday evening.
We also had hit the pet store and bought a cage and end up alsp buying a bird this was before the starling was found stuggling. This is at them moment named fireheart by dd1.

Attachments

• 20210425_092540.jpg
    20210425_092540.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 71

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hey guys, been a busy weekend here. Spent all day yesterday in the barn getting stuff done. Today I got to show my boy in our first real jumping show. We definitely learned a lot, but more then anything, I am so proud that we managed to make it happen. I am off to get my first vaccine this afternoon, too.