Coffee anyone ?

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Did they do the test where the drop of blood sinks in the glass of water, or whatever the liquid is? Or an actual iron test on the blood? If it is to see if the iron level is enough with the drop of blood in the liquid and it has to sink in so many seconds... the one lady told me years ago to drink a glass of orange juice before coming. It gets into your blood stream and will cause the blood drop to sink faster.... I always drink a 12-16 oz bottle of OJ before I go to give blood; after failing that test one time. Maybe it is not iron... but I have never been turned away since.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Garden ground ok but big wind...not a till it day. Went to auction. Took 2 roos I didn't need. Brought home 3 hens I didn't need. 😁 Nice blue Plymouth Rock. Big and calm. This guy who brings often is NPIP certified and has pens for several breeds, they were his. Always good stock. These girls have been with a roo, so I'll collect fertile eggs this week and incubate for more of them, since it's up and running. He had brought a couple pair of BO I wanted but not at $80 per bird That they brought! Also several trio of the all black ones...Cyams?...people were anxious to pay $100-125 per bird. Not a breed I like. A nice peacock went for $225. a few cute bantam trios brought good money. Various silkie, frizzle, naked neck, ducklings, a couple pups, etc, sold.

There were 2 llamas, a few calves, sheep, goats and some pigs. A lot of variety today.

I left before they ran the livestock. Hadn't seen anything I wanted, so time to go. It was a full room of people, most I've seen in months! Fun to go and see others. I enjoyed the day....garden tomorrow.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
1620560211741.png

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Did they do the test where the drop of blood sinks in the glass of water, or whatever the liquid is? Or an actual iron test on the blood? If it is to see if the iron level is enough with the drop of blood in the liquid and it has to sink in so many seconds... the one lady told me years ago to drink a glass of orange juice before coming. It gets into your blood stream and will cause the blood drop to sink faster.... I always drink a 12-16 oz bottle of OJ before I go to give blood; after failing that test one time. Maybe it is not iron... but I have never been turned away since.
They do an actual test to see what your hemoglobin levels are. I was told to have something with citrus after eating something high in iron.