Coffee anyone ?

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
E23D9525-790C-4BA0-BCA5-047CC665F7F5.jpeg

Hi all, just wanted to check in, had a snowstorm move in this morning, this is approximately a half mile of visibility, at the very most. Glad I have no need to travel any time soon.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
We don’t have to pay extra, 🤣 midwife is just stressing out more. I feel like I’m running out of time too quickly. 146 days hopefully. I’ve tried meditating. It’s hard when you are stressed out. Oof.
Good thing twins don't come early when they run out of room ;)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Or all the journals here! Especially fun ones like latestarter's. We lost him Feb 2019. He was a fun and funny guy. He was also on BYC. Baymule knew him personally as did Mike & Teresa (they now have his GP). The flying pig emoji is a tribute to him. You'll have to read his journal to find out why ;)

Joe's journal

Why buy them now when you'll just have to move them? Why not wait until you have moved in and get them direct to that house?
Because I'm taking the bunkbeds to the new to me house next week. I'll have to go to Lufkin, 30 miles away, find mattresses and haul back to the house. OR I can find them here, KNOW that I have them and put on the porch until I go down next week to paint bedrooms. Then I have somewhere to sleep as there is nothing in the house.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Up at 4am...couldn't get back to sleep, so having my coffee. Worked all day, rode tractor after, until dusk, did chores, got hot shower and feel into bed about 9:30. Slept well.

Got my pkg from FedEx yesterday...shocked and happy! Between their losing first shipment, 2nd one out, etc, it's been almost 3 wks for delivery. Glad that's over. I'm not good at waiting and you'd think I would be after years of breeding livestock and waiting for births! Nope. Not with shelf ready. Probably why I order very little beyond restock products. I like touch, buy, load it.

Anyway it's a long wait for daylight this morning!! 😁

Plus it's chilly in here! Only 65 and that's cold to me. Guess I need to turn that little heater on to fix the chill. It's just the morning thing...47 outside. Been using my mattress heater on low last two nights. Nice and cozy.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was awake at 4 AM too. What is wrong with us? :barnie We should be sleeping! I have finished my coffee. Got a Dr appointment this morning for lab work, then back next week for results and check up. I've only been to a Dr twice in the past 10 years, time to check me out. Get knees x-rayed and see if anything is going on with the rest of me.

I have 5 old gel batteries in the truck, Auto Zone will give me a $10 in store credit for them. No salvage yard wanted them, because they only want the lead-acid type. At least I don't have to pay to get rid of them. I'll give the credit to Robert, he helps me so much. Then to Goodwill to drop off a bunch of stuff that is in my way. Then I'll have space to drag out MORE stuff and keep, burn or get rid of.

Then on to the used book store, to see if they will give me anything for some books or just take them off my hands. Turn around, go to Home Depot for paint and supplies. Go to Sam's Club to buy a full and twin sized mattress, then home and unload. Next week I'll go to the "new" house , paint bedrooms, set up full bunkbed in one bedroom and twin in another. Spend 2 days painting, then come home.

At 4:20 I have a vet appointment to put Paris, my 13 year old Great Pyrenees, down. She is down in her back end, I can't watch her flop around, trying to get up and drag herself around. She was doing ok, not good, but ok, and she just went downhill. It's time. It will be very hard, BJ was her favorite, she loved him above all else. Paris hasn't understood why her Daddy no longer feeds and cares for her. BJ passed away 1 month ago today. Today Paris will join him and be buried in the woods next to Joe, my heart horse. Too much damned sadness and grief around here.