Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule sounds like you'll be able to cook there soon! Well, right now time for a sandwich is about all you get...one day it'll change. At least you can still have coffee! 🤣

Today the temps are making us pay for the wonderful warm day yesterday. 30s with winds at 20-25 all day, so wind chills. Weather reports are flat out saying light rain Fri and snow Fri night into Sat -- no ifs. 🙄😢. Soooo, I'll be moving hay today or tomorrow. We haven't had this much snow, or so often, in over ten years! Still have the generator gas from last week. One less issue. Hope I don't need it this time either! Have a lot of work scheduled for next week...don't need snow roads. Crap!

Might be a good time to thaw that big ole turkey....seems it's gonna be an inside cook and heat house day on Saturday. 👍. Feed DD, DGD, DS and self...sandwiches all week.🤣. Have a pile of eggs to use up again..quiche!

Tried to buy goats yesterday. Dead end with several attempts. Either, sold, pending or not what I wanted. CL because farms are couple hundred miles out. One guy told me the buckling was pending and guy hadn't come to get...but, offered it to me "right then" for $100 more than listed. Passed on that!! One big doe still under consideration but, weather and 3 hrs north makes that a "hold".... Good time to negotiate the price tag. 🤫 Of course, the farms are all in opposite directions.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning, I know I seem to use this a lot, but shockingly I am sick today. Going to eat some food and hopefully go to class this afternoon and then maybe practice if I feel up to it.
We all talk about how fun showing is, but nobody ever talks about getting sick from the shows.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Propane company coming tomorrow morning to set the tank, run a line to the house and connect the range top.
:thumbsup

Have a pile of eggs to use up again..quiche!
Quiche doesn't use all that many eggs. Make a batch of Mama Wall's eggnog ;)

but shockingly I am sick today. Going to eat some food and hopefully go to class this afternoon
I don't think going to class sick is good for you or others in the class.

Get better!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning, I know I seem to use this a lot, but shockingly I am sick today. Going to eat some food and hopefully go to class this afternoon and then maybe practice if I feel up to it.
We all talk about how fun showing is, but nobody ever talks about getting sick from the shows.
Hope you feel better, but maybe you need to stay in a few days so you don’t share it with others.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cold out but those winds are gone! Moving hay this morning. Resetting a couple inside hay feeders, too, in prep for the coming snow. Had moved all the frozen hunks from water tubs, will top fill all tubs tomorrow. Have one heated tub ready to plug in to supply a dipping supply. There is glorious sunshine today. 😁👏🌞 Preps almost complete. Northerners live with this every day -- here it's an "event"!

Terrible time sleeping last night. Up and down, finally up and searching TV for something to watch. Fell asleep on couch for couple hrs. Suspect a nap will happen today. I need something to eat, along with this coffee. Better see what's in the frig.

Last edited:

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cold out but those winds are gone! Moving hay this morning. Resetting a couple inside hay feeders, too, in prep for the coming snow. Had moved all the frozen hunks from water tubs, will top fill all tubs tomorrow. Have one heated tub ready to plug in to supply a dipping supply. There is glorious sunshine today. 😁👏🌞 Preps almost complete. Northerners live with this every day -- here it's an "event"!

Terrible time sleeping last night. Up and down, finally up and searching TV for something to watch. Fell asleep on couch for couple hrs. Suspect a nap will happen today. I need something to eat, along with this coffee. Better see what's in the frig.
I hope you sleep better tonight.

I haven't been sleeping well either... way too much on my mind.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Trip woke me up at 1:30 barking. Anatolians were NOT barking, probably wishing Trip would shut up. Trip barked all night. I tried reading a book to make me sleepy, didn’t work. Finally went outside, Trip and Carson are now snoring in the floor. I’m sure Sentry and Sheba are peacefully sleeping now. Not me.

Maybe I can doze off. Is this why I walk around in a stupor, looking like something the cat dragged up, that the kittens wouldn’t eat?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I did sleep long and hard last night! Finally. Plus a full 9 hrs. 🤫🤗. Exhausted from 2 days of poor sleep. Plus that 15 bale's of 60 pounders on the truck, then off and into the horse trailer was probably the kicker -- both physical and satisfaction. Last prep before snow. I swear the last three felt like 500 #each! 🤣🤣. Finished that at dusk.

After this hot tea, I'll head out into the 28 temps waiting for me....to start unloading hay I worked so hard to move. 🙄🤣. What? It's my life. 🤨. In and out.

Not much to do today. Just wait until I awaken tomorrow and see how much snow. Generator and gas at ready, in case. Last week we didn't lose power, hope same for this white event. Feed cans full, water tubs full, house stocked. Aha -- Get a new puzzle!

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Morning all good luck with snow mini.
Dh is out of town for work for 94 days.... some time in that he might be able to come home for a visit we just dont know yet. Started yesterday so 93 days left:hu anyways part of his new job pays more so we wI'll see how this goes. Yesterday took dd1 to Dr she has a swollen lymph node no other symptoms so the thought is bacterial infection and being treated as such. So hot compresses and antibiotics for her and no wild behavior. The other kids are fine. so i do need to find them a new Dr as the original one moved so not helpful. Going to work on house cleaning and school work. Might move a few things. Into the cargo trailer but we shall see suppose to rain so there that. Trying to figure out a solution for the cats.... thinking about building a yard that they can be in but can't get out of.... so they can be outside... Can't deal with indoor cats much longer. Anyways yah that's what's going on here.

Last edited:

Latest posts