Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Morning all good luck with snow mini.
Dh is out of town for work for 94 days.... some time in that he might be able to come home for a visit we just dont know yet. Started yesterday so 93 days left:hu anyways part of his new job pays more so we wI'll see how this goes. Yesterday took dd1 to Dr she has a swollen lymph node no other symptoms so the thought is bacterial infection and being treated as such. So hot compresses and antibiotics for her and no wild behavior. The other kids are fine. so i do need to find them a new Dr as the original one moved so not helpful. Going to work on house cleaning and school work. Might move a few things. Into the cargo trailer but we shall see suppose to rain so there that. Trying to figure out a solution for the cats.... thinking about building a yard that they can be in but can't get out of.... so they can be outside... Can't deal with indoor cats much longer. Anyways yah that's what's going on here.
That's terrific on husband's new job. More money, do I hear a move in the near future? I sure hope so, it's time.

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Got us under a blizzard warning now. Winds already picking up but it hasn't started snowing here yet. Saying 7-10 here towards the beach even more. DS and DL decided to try Wallyworld for groceries hahahaha called me an hour ago no ground beef, chicken, eggs, bread, milk, stores picked over. The old guy asked yesterday TWICE need anything from the store.
Kinda worried about Saturday night with wind chill supposed to be -3. Hasn't been that cold here maybe 15 yrs. Need to find my thermals.
@Baymule that straw must have been sweet they've eaten the entire bale.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Got us under a blizzard warning now. Winds already picking up but it hasn't started snowing here yet. Saying 7-10 here towards the beach even more. DS and DL decided to try Wallyworld for groceries hahahaha called me an hour ago no ground beef, chicken, eggs, bread, milk, stores picked over. The old guy asked yesterday TWICE need anything from the store.
Kinda worried about Saturday night with wind chill supposed to be -3. Hasn't been that cold here maybe 15 yrs. Need to find my thermals.
@Baymule that straw must have been sweet they've eaten the entire bale.
-3! Hunker down and stay warm! Last winter we got to -6! I never experienced minus degrees ever in my life, hope I never do again. Yeah, when a storm is coming, everybody hits the grocery store. I had 2 bottle lamb babies during our storm, milk was hard to find.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Started yesterday so 93 days left:hu anyways
Sorry for 3 months of no hubs...some days ya gotta do. Is this a job that keeps him traveling or just one that's in a different but stable location?

really need to get motivated,
I wish there was a pill for that!! 😁

called me an hour ago no ground beef, chicken, eggs, bread, milk, stores picked over. The old guy asked yesterday TWICE need anything from the store.

Kids never believe ya! 🤣

I have my thermals...they're not enough! Carharts plus. My rarely used heavy insulated boots are at the door...for morning. Snowing hard here...only an hour in and at least an inch sticking. The rain never came just wet snow. I'm thinking this is going to be far worse than last weekend. We're getting 15 Sun morn but wind chill to single digits. How wonderful. Now we're supposed to be 50-60 by end of coming week. 😱. Crazy. Easternshore has blizzard warnings. Just so not normal!! Those winds are a problem...cold and damage.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's a different job, he still technically has both jobs his other job said they would hold his place for him for whenever he is in town to do it. And the new job requires him to be gone along but pays a lot more. Also come with really good benefits from what he has told me. Not allowed to go into it per his request so yah.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's a different job, he still technically has both jobs his other job said they would hold his place for him for whenever he is in town to do it. And the new job requires him to be gone along but pays a lot more. Also come with really good benefits from what he has told me. Not allowed to go into it per his request so yah.
Well.... annoying to have him gone so long

But also sounds really good

You all want to move anyway... maybe if the new better paying job wants to be permanent... you could get a house where he is working

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready y'all. Yesterday afternoon Ron, Robert and I packed the stock trailer with furniture. This morning we will pack the flatbed with outside stuff, then load 2 freezers and washer-dryer in the back of my truck and hitch the stock trailer to it. We'll hitch the flatbed to Roberts truck and we'll take it to Groveton. Unload, come back. We will go through Elkhart and stop at the Anderson County Livestock Exchange to eat. The cafe is open 7 days a week and is run by a chef. Really outstanding food.

I'm utterly exhausted, running on empty. Tomorrow my son is supposed to come get the 8'x16' portable building that I am taking. Robert, Ron and I may go down mid-week to block up the building and take a load to put in that building.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
White and cold here. But the storm was kind at this end. Only about 3". Windy, cold. Otherwise good. Now I don't know what you guys North did to anger the storm monsters but, very intense up there. I'm sorry for you! Glad I didn't get more.

I'll need to get out there in a few. I hayed the barns last night, so they had full bellies in case we were bad. I'm good. 😁

Having coffee and feeling good about what could have been but wasn't.

I heard this report of 2000 trucks working roads in NY......as our locals were happily working with 20-25 in each city. 🤣. Hmmmm

Latest posts