Coffee anyone ?

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Only about 3".
Lucky rascal, there was 3.5" at 11:30 last night. 7.5" at 6:30 this morning. Plow came through around 8. Still snowing.
I looked at NWS and read "rain and snow" next Friday......

Now I don't know what you guys North did to anger the storm monsters
I laughed really hard when I heard Norfolk got blasted last weekend. Was stationed there 82-85. Tease me for being a dumb eastern shoreman. "Are you sure you can find your way home" so I probably jinxed myself. Side splitting kind of laughing.

@Baymule -6 in Texas that is crazy. Spent a winter north of Chicago maybe 1/4 mile from Lake Michigan. Never do I ever want to be that cold again.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
So glad that @Mini Horses didn't get a foot of snow... We only got 2-3 inches... but it got down to 15 and is only in the mid 20's right now. Hit 34 with the sun on the recorder for about a half hour and when the sun moved off it, the temp dropped about 12 degrees to 22 and now has crept up a little bit. BRRRR

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Went to Groveton and unloaded 2 trailers and 2 trucks. Stopped in Elkhart to eat at The Stockman cafe. It was packed, we were starving, food was good. Home at 9, fed sheep and dogs. Tired, going to bed.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sunny. Cold teens....low 30 high. I'm OVER WINTER! 😨. 😲☹️ Over cold! 🙄

Beyond that outburst -- only two days until Feb, seed starting, spring on horizon! 🤗

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
February is usually our coldest month. I'm really hoping that winter goes easy on us for February this year. I really don't want that heaped on me as well as everything I have going on.

I didn't even drop the trailer last night, got to do that this morning. Son will be on the way soon to pick up the small portable building and take to Groveton. House is getting empty, I'll be able to scuff up the floors in back bedroom and hallway and put a coat of polyurethane on it, shooting for Tuesday.

I can't believe it!! :th Earlier I watched Trip clear two fences to get OUT and run off. :rant:somad:he I just saw a white flash of his tail and it was Trip jumping back IN! WHAT???? He knows how to jump back in now? I'm on to his dirty little secret. He is jumping out, jumping back in, to appear all innocent like he's been here the whole time. Darn this smart dog anyway!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Morning , I know that feeling @Baymule @baymulei no one here believed me that our dog could unlock the gate if you didn't put the lock in the gate latch all way.
You know the gates with the slot and chain latch? I had a horse that could grab the chain with her teeth and shake it up and down until she lifted the link out of the slot, and free the herd out on the road!

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
We actually have a couple of cows that seem to be able to get the chain out of the slot.... we have gone to adding one of those spring snap link type hooks, as there is nothing for them to get their tongue around, not like a snap on a horse lead rope that can get broken off... and faster than a regular quick link that you can add to a chain...... so after dropping the chain into the slot, we will snap on the spring snap and if they get it out of the slot, they cannot get the gate open anyway.... we use them on the chains all around the barns.... on the chains we use on the back of the trailer as a precaution to keeping the sliding door or the swing doors from coming open. They cost like $.50 to 1.50 each according to the size/heaviness.... I keep a few in the toolbox of the truck along with lynch pins .......

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning y'all! I'M OUT OF COFFEE!!!! I'm drinking hot tea, but it just ain't the same. I knew I was out, but was just too darn tired to go to town. Don't want to go today either, I need to stay here to get some things done. Thinking about going to Groveton house to block up the portable building that son took down there yesterday. Need to take a cooler of meat out of the 1 freezer left here and put it in one of the freezers we took this past weekend.

We have winter weather coming Thursday. Wintery mix, sleet and icy roads. :tongue

Latest posts