Coffee anyone ?

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Afternoon break and chow time for chicks. The sheep are fat and sassy but no takers yet for my rams. I think I have four roos (forgive me if I’m redudant I post elsewhere about them). I spent six minutes twelve seconds spelling Vladinia’s name. There will be some eeenterrestink papervork at Senior benefits. “I haff seen your benevits explain to me more.” Oooo Russian accent on tv, gotta bounce🦇

Attachments

• B878679C-0718-4128-B394-C96AF81D9870.jpeg
    B878679C-0718-4128-B394-C96AF81D9870.jpeg
    552.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 7DDF3DC0-6D64-48CB-9ABB-88D7E5A6373A.jpeg
    7DDF3DC0-6D64-48CB-9ABB-88D7E5A6373A.jpeg
    495.5 KB · Views: 29

Mother Hen

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Good Morning all!
Coffee gone, now heading outside while there's still a chill to the air to start the yardwork which is mostly pulling those dreaded weeds from my beautiful flower beds so who's willing to help? I love doing yardwork but for some unknown reason I have let the flower beds go and go (keep telling myself get to them tomorrow then tomorrow never happens and now it's going to take lots of elbow grease and muscle power to get them in shape!!!!! :eek::barnie).
Before I forget I saw hack yesterday ( that I'm going to try in a few days), take a section of pool noodle zip tie over ends of metal garden rake and BOOM a homemade squeegee to get standing water off patios, sidewalks.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee’s. Sitting here looking out at the newly mowed sheep field. Son is leaving tomorrow morning for a job in south Louisiana and will be back today to finish the front pasture. Also looking at the big burn pile that neighbor Chase and I built yesterday, hauling branches and tree trunk chunks from the one short fence line that is getting closer to getting done. Chase also hauled off the enormous oak rounds that have been sitting out in the middle field for a year, for firewood. Progress!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Progress. Limited here...raining. still, again, more 🥴. Everyday for a week. We need to save some of this for late June. July is always too hot & dry -- save for then! :idunno I need some dry for a few days. I believe I jinxed myself when I bought that roll of fence at auction -- rain ever since.

Considering the dreary light, I cut my alarm off and went back to sleep. 🤣 Just got up at 8. Wow haven't done that in a long while. Just getting coffee...watching it rain...whining over it.

JUNE -- yep, already. This is dairy month, by the way. Enjoy all the things milk can give us. It's dairy month every month on a milking farm :plbb.

I'm seeing 2 weeks with only one day of jobs, starting now. If it will stop raining, I can get a big stretch of fence done AND garden tilled/planted during this home time. 🤞 This needs to happen! How frustrating it is for these farmers with hundreds of acres to plant. I know the hayfields are going to be way too stemmy for really good stuff if not cut soon. My pastures are happy --- but --- :he

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
1 Coffee down.. another 'emergency' coffee on the way
.. anybody free to run over to my place, walk the fence lines, find where the cows got out and fix it? :thIt's month end and only the MOST DIRE circumstances can get me time off this afternoon....

My Dad called about an hour ago to say that Eva was standing in his front yard. He drove up to my place and she followed him. Once up there he found Blossom in MY front yard. They followed him into the barn and back into their stalls for a little treat. He called back to let me know that the last he saw of them they were (still in the pasture) but heading to the far back side where the woods are.

I'm going back & forth between angst that they might be out again already & wreaking havoc ..... complacently telling myself that they've been out all day before and I didn't know it & they caused ZERO problems .... and anger that I have JUST done all this planting all over the yard and they had better not be eating & tearing up all my hard work

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'd have penned them in stalls, lotta hay/water and waited till you got home to do more. Bad cows. Penalty box.

Hey, I come home and find goats out -- usually several -- on occasion. I try to tell myself they're not eating more than the deer. :plbb but I do worry about the roads.

Maybe we'll BOTH get the fences fixed soon. 👍🤬

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Finishing up my coffee and about to head out - have to teach herding lessons today. Cancelled yesterday's detection lessons - helped with the greenhouse.
Since we started we've had mostly pea-soup fog mornings, rain - just enough to make doing this outside not a good idea - alot was done in the garage. Today - heavy clouds 53-67. Crazy weather - and I'm not complaining -- heat can wait (or skip!).
Inside the greenhouse is next. Here's the outside....

IMG_8826.jpeg

Greenhouse - a Costco score, some assemble required :lol:
One more gulp of coffee and the rest of the day begins. Have a good one everybody.

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nice greenhouse and garden area. Had to go check on barking. Need some sort of caffeine as dogs barked much of the night and I’m beat already. Something hungry is in the neighborhood plus some one is cutting hay for us. They are in and out getting the dogs pretty spun up too. Hubbs is on his phone shouting at some guy from work and I have drifted to the garage perhaps to take a nap in my car.

Last edited:

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'd have penned them in stalls, lotta hay/water and waited till you got home to do more. Bad cows. Penalty box.

Hey, I come home and find goats out -- usually several -- on occasion. I try to tell myself they're not eating more than the deer. :plbb but I do worry about the roads.

Maybe we'll BOTH get the fences fixed soon. 👍🤬
If it hadn't been my elderly Dad trying to help, I'd have tried to coach on the phone how to lock them up...
He called back around 11 saying that they were still in the pasture... so ... who knows.
They are FINALLY getting the fly back-rubber this evening (backorder for weeks) and I'll open a section of pasture to give them fresh grazing. That'll keep them content for a while (I hope)

Latest posts