Coffee anyone ?

Skiesblue

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I canned 27 pints and 4 half pints of elderberry syrup. Ready for flu season. Our oldest granddaughter is allergic to antibiotics so I’m getting into herbals. I canned 8 pints of spicy sweet pickles. Cleaned up mess, tired now.

Trip slept all morning and went outside a few minutes ago. Still swollen, but much better.
Lordy where do you get so many elderberries?
Check into antibiotic alternatives like sulpha drugs or anything else she might tolerate. You’re probably ahead of me on that. I’m allergic to anything ending in ‘cillin’
I have to be careful treating animals. If an oral capsule breaks and spills on my skin it leaves painful burns. But there are some antibiotics I can use. Good luck.

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
enjoying my syrup...I mean coffee. Plenty for all. I don't mind how you prefer it . :hu :frow

:lol: I believe each should prepare as they like it -- BUT 2 teaspoons in 3 oz is a HUGE amount. Those packets are only 1/2 tsp. Bet you don't use 16 of those in an 8 oz cup. :idunno:p :hide

So I am now enjoying a fresh brewed cup -- straight up! :cool:

It just finished brewing, help yourself. There is sugar & goat cream available for anyone who wants it. I had some fresh blueberries while waiting and there's more -- have some.

Heavy rain again today & tomorrow. Of course! tomorrow is my one day off, again...one day and rain Maybe it's my punishment for not cleaning house on my last day off. Guess I will do that tomorrow. :idunno To be honest, I sometimes just crash a few hrs on these lone days because I've generally been working 10 hr days for a week or more and need a break. Hey, I don't feel guilty -- just know that feeding, watering, milking, etc. gets first priority. :rolleyes: Glad that I can still do what I do. I see sooooo many who cannot handle their own self needs for a day, work and farm life is NOT an option for them. Good health is a Blessing that I am thankful to have.

Work calls. Enjoy your day.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
There's a certification here in Indiana through the county or maybe a permit to sell eggs at farmer's markets and stuff. I asked a lady at church that's been on a farm her whole life what it involved if there were tests or inspections. She said there used to be but not now. I am not sure what the benefit is unless there's a fee to the county and then I guess it's abt the $.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lordy where do you get so many elderberries?
Check into antibiotic alternatives like sulpha drugs or anything else she might tolerate. You’re probably ahead of me on that. I’m allergic to anything ending in ‘cillin’
I have to be careful treating animals. If an oral capsule breaks and spills on my skin it leaves painful burns. But there are some antibiotics I can use. Good luck.
We found a patch on the side of the road and have been picking from it. I think I'm going to cut some of the canes, cut them in 1 foot lengths and make me a row of my own elderberries. I put 2 cups of water to 1 cup berries and cooked them, then strained, mashed the berries, added a little water, returned to stove, then strained again.

My son in law calls my herbals witchcraft and scoffs at me. :smackHe has a touch of Aspergers and it makes him a little rude. Other than that, he is the perfect husband, father and son in law. Couldn't ask for a better man. So I just overlook his quirks.

We picked berries again yesterday and got probably another 6 cups of berries.