Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sitting in recliner, feet up, glass of ice water, been busy. Scalded and peeled chicken feet, they are simmering. Peeled shrimp for shrimp Alfredo fettuccine for supper tonight. Jars are in dish washer. In another 30 minutes I’ll grab The Beast (my 921 All American pressure canner) and get to processing the broth.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
:he You just made me realize why my back hurts today. I put my AA canner away yesterday. I’m 64.5”, and the shelf is about 7’. You know they are heavy!

I put mine on the bottom shelf in the big kitchen cabinet. It's not called The Beast for nuthin'. LOL

How do you fix them?

I scald and peel the feet, cut off the toenails, then simmer for several hours. I can the broth at 10 pounds pressure for 25 minutes. I got 7 quarts today. The broth is good to cook with, or just a hot cup of broth with fresh garlic and ginger grated into it is delicious. Sure is good for sore throats, cold and general feel bad. I cook the garlic and ginger into the broth when I heat it up. The feet are full of cartilage and make a real good broth.

I take out the long leg bone, pull the "meat" off and toss the bone. The dogs get the toes and meat.

Latest posts