Coffee anyone ?

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yall's govt pine tree tops are sure doing a dance out there this morning.
Anemometer showed a 29 mph gust a little earlier.
We should be getting that tomorrow afternoon and well into Monday morning. Starts around the time about 11" of snow will have fallen with another inch to follow.

Good morning! Close on our refi loan today! Paying off high interest debt and saving around $400/mth. We got about 8 inches of snow overnight. Youngest son is shoveling driveway now.
All good! That $400/month sure will make life a bit easier.

In fact, I cooked up a cookie sheet of bacon yesterday for us to warm up, 1 piece at a time, sausage too.
Bacon, you can't eat just one!

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am such a wuss....I put on my flannel lined blue jeans, Carhart overalls, thermal long sleeve shirt and bright orange sweat hoodie. Dirty boots and blanket lined gloves completed my fashion statement. Animals don't care if I went out only wearing a feed can, but I durn sure care! LOL
Me too... all layered up.... still cold. :(

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
That storm front down south is headed here for tomorrow. Rain tonight and in 50's. Up to 60 by noon Sun and down to 20 by 6PM!! With wind chill into mid teens...compliments of the Artic air flow that wanted to visit at the same time. :rolleyes: While we expect some ice, no snow. :caf I'm NOT a fan of cold. I just can't get warmed back up...and I see Mon & Tues as hot water tote days. :(

I've prepped what I can, checked pipe insulation and have heat tapes working in barn. Should be as OK as ok can be, considering. I'll get a can of gas tomorrow, in case the winds take a tree out somewhere & kill power. Hay, feed, food, all done. Even bread, LOL.

My adventure tomorrow is to go pick up 3 barn kitties. :) Been needing more and actually had hard time finding any. Everyone wants them to be "inside divas" and I NEED barn cats! Looking on CL a couple days ago I found a farm with some free ones, 4 months old and already hunting -- thanks to Mom! She also has goats, dogs, chickens, so they have been exposed. Exactly what I was looking for!:celebrate She had 3 left and I'm taking them all. Have set up a 6X8 pen for them to help them settle over the move & re-acclimate for a few days. I'll get to play with them several times a day & then begin letting them loose in the barn, then beyond. I'm excited. :D =D They are all females, so need to check the spay clinic dates. Meeting her at noon tomorrow. :love Now, I need names.

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
Still snowing out, so far about a foot of snow outside. DH is out snowblowing. I went out to shovel the deck and a small area for my dog so she could go. She was out earlier hopping in the snow and didn't know where to do her "business".

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
That storm front down south is headed here for tomorrow. Rain tonight and in 50's. Up to 60 by noon Sun and down to 20 by 6PM!! With wind chill into mid teens...compliments of the Artic air flow that wanted to visit at the same time. :rolleyes: While we expect some ice, no snow. :caf I'm NOT a fan of cold. I just can't get warmed back up...and I see Mon & Tues as hot water tote days. :(

I've prepped what I can, checked pipe insulation and have heat tapes working in barn. Should be as OK as ok can be, considering. I'll get a can of gas tomorrow, in case the winds take a tree out somewhere & kill power. Hay, feed, food, all done. Even bread, LOL.

My adventure tomorrow is to go pick up 3 barn kitties. :) Been needing more and actually had hard time finding any. Everyone wants them to be "inside divas" and I NEED barn cats! Looking on CL a couple days ago I found a farm with some free ones, 4 months old and already hunting -- thanks to Mom! She also has goats, dogs, chickens, so they have been exposed. Exactly what I was looking for!:celebrate She had 3 left and I'm taking them all. Have set up a 6X8 pen for them to help them settle over the move & re-acclimate for a few days. I'll get to play with them several times a day & then begin letting them loose in the barn, then beyond. I'm excited. :D =D They are all females, so need to check the spay clinic dates. Meeting her at noon tomorrow. :love Now, I need names.
April, May, and June....just like the Disney characters.

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score