1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Rate this sheep's condition - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Coffee anyone ?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Sourland, May 7, 2017.

1. May 18, 2019
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master

Get in your safe room. Put bicycle helmets on the kids, knee pads, what ever you have and get in your safe room. The funnel clouds are over Whitehouse and Chappel Hill.

I don’t mind missing being able to watch The Preakness horse race on TV. When it is us in the crosshairs of a bad storm, I sure want to know where the rotation, funnel clouds and tornadoes are. Don’t know what we’d do if a tornado squatted over us. Guess us and the dogs would hunker down in the hallway and kiss our bohonkous goodbye. LOL LOL

Still watching the storm in splotches of angry red, orange, yellow and green on the boob-tube.

2. May 18, 2019
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master

Tornado warning expires in 15 minutes. Last weekend Longview got hammered, did lots of damage, knocked power off for thousands of people.

Horses are in their barn. Sheep are in their barn. Chickens in the coops. Paris in her dog house. Carson and Trip sprawled in the floor. Thunder, lightning, rain, all is well.

3. May 18, 2019
    Bruce

Bruce Herd Master

That sounds like a lot of NOT FUN! Bay.

That is when the whining about it being too hot starts at my house.

4. May 18, 2019
    promiseacres

promiseacres Herd Master

Glad is well @Baymule ... I always debate whether the critters are safer in a barn or not... :barnie solid buildings probably help. We got the hay picked up, I just parked it in the drive at the farm. So of course while we were mowing at the farm a storm blew up. DH was frantic... by the time we got trailers moved and room for the wagon it blew over. :old was over 80 here too but very windy. DH got a service call so missed supper again... :confused: hopefully he gets home soon. Mom called won't be down until after 8... she needs help unloading... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

5. May 18, 2019
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master

Regular programming is still off due to storm/tornado warnings. It's blown past us, in the next county. They extended the tornado warnings.

At least we got some rain. Dunno how much. The horses are free to come and go in the barn. I think they are better off choosing where they want to be in a storm. When we lived in hurricane country, they chose to be out in the open for the worst, in the barn for just rain.

6. May 18, 2019
    CntryBoy777

CntryBoy777 Herd Master

It didn't matter with our goats.....I could've left the gate standing open and they wouldn't get past the open door to their house.....:lol:....I kept the doors up in case we needed to separate or protect them....they used one as a toy and the other Comet ripped out the hinges.....:)

7. May 19, 2019
    promiseacres

promiseacres Herd Master

Coffee is on... windy and storms predicted.

MatthewsHomestead likes this.
  8. May 19, 2019
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master

All that crazy weather last night and we only got 1/4" of rain. :\ We were right in between two storm cells, so most of it bypassed us. Local news was on full out storm/tornado/hail broadcast until almost 9:00 last night. I'm ok with missing out on all the NOT-fun!

9. May 19, 2019
    frustratedearthmother

frustratedearthmother Herd Master

Glad you're safe!

10. May 19, 2019
    greybeard

greybeard Herd Master

Quite a humid night & morning here but only a 'trace' of rain the last 96 hrs.
    Looks like the mid section of the country can expect more violent weather the next 96 hrs, all over the place.