Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Get in your safe room. Put bicycle helmets on the kids, knee pads, what ever you have and get in your safe room. The funnel clouds are over Whitehouse and Chappel Hill.

I don’t mind missing being able to watch The Preakness horse race on TV. When it is us in the crosshairs of a bad storm, I sure want to know where the rotation, funnel clouds and tornadoes are. Don’t know what we’d do if a tornado squatted over us. Guess us and the dogs would hunker down in the hallway and kiss our bohonkous goodbye. LOL LOL

Still watching the storm in splotches of angry red, orange, yellow and green on the boob-tube.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Tornado warning expires in 15 minutes. Last weekend Longview got hammered, did lots of damage, knocked power off for thousands of people.

Horses are in their barn. Sheep are in their barn. Chickens in the coops. Paris in her dog house. Carson and Trip sprawled in the floor. Thunder, lightning, rain, all is well.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad is well @Baymule ... I always debate whether the critters are safer in a barn or not... :barnie solid buildings probably help. We got the hay picked up, I just parked it in the drive at the farm. So of course while we were mowing at the farm a storm blew up. DH was frantic... by the time we got trailers moved and room for the wagon it blew over. :old was over 80 here too but very windy. DH got a service call so missed supper again... :confused: hopefully he gets home soon. Mom called won't be down until after 8... she needs help unloading... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Regular programming is still off due to storm/tornado warnings. It's blown past us, in the next county. They extended the tornado warnings.

At least we got some rain. Dunno how much. The horses are free to come and go in the barn. I think they are better off choosing where they want to be in a storm. When we lived in hurricane country, they chose to be out in the open for the worst, in the barn for just rain.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
All that crazy weather last night and we only got 1/4" of rain. :\ We were right in between two storm cells, so most of it bypassed us. Local news was on full out storm/tornado/hail broadcast until almost 9:00 last night. I'm ok with missing out on all the NOT-fun!