Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are having upper 80 to low 90 temps here, also. All week. It's 85 out there right now. Today the humidity is low with a light breeze. Very nice day. Of course, I don't see any change for at least a week -- maybe humidity up -- but, no rain. Hmmm, may want some then....hard to water 15 acres without it :lol:

I have a previously unplanned day off.:celebrate I have been lazing around all morning and loving it! Do need to make the most of this time and get "something" done but, not terribly enthused about "doing". Just need some time to rest a bit, so not pushing self. May do something like mowing, etc. That makes me feel like I worked but, no big physical issue. Hey, ride around. :D That's my game plan.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, I did mow. :D Yard didn't need it but the tractor and I covered about 3 acres this afternoon and evening. I stopped & had a steak DD had grilled for me, then finished the last field for the day. I don't recommend mowing by headlights. :lol: You needed a windshield to protect you from bugs but weather was great and I wanted it finished. Pasture so not heavy or rutted, just wanted the weeds cut down! Needed goats in there but with brand new kids last month, they were having none of it. :idunno This field had been neglected in every way, so working to shape it back up. My bad, my repair. So it goes.

Had gotten along driveway to back of farm earlier -- had to stop & go get gas :he . Usual stuff.

Oh, before mowing I did get the filters, face & inside the A/C all cleaned off and started it for first time this year. Temps will be in upper 80's all week -- can't hold off any longer on the cooling. I don't run the heat pump because I don't live in the upstairs. So use a window unit downstairs -- save a good amount on electric! I do turn on the heat pump unit a couple times a year for a day or two....or if I have a guest stay & that's rare. Otherwise, whatever I need to dust/vac up there gets done with windows open. :lol: It's actually not heavy heat, I have good insulation & solar/thermostated attic fan. That helps keep entire house cooler.

I did rest and I did get some work done. I call that a great day! :old

MatthewsHomestead

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Good morning. Had a couple little things this morning to finish picking up from the Chickenstock this weekend. It was crazy but I didn't buy any critters. Spirit is now in the pasture with the girls and the boys are down at the new pasture. Trying to see which of the girls gets along best with him before taking one down to the boys. Lots to do today.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee I been trying to behave since pregnant but I might give in this morning. All three kid kept waking up. Josiah (1yr) joined me in bed and about 10-15 minutes later he threw up all over me . Got us both cleaned up and little bit later he wanted to nurse then he fell ack to sleep. Then Joshua had an accident in his sleep. So cleaned him up and got him to go back to sleep and lucy kept waking up crying. Thankfully I had some help last night my husband was home tonight I won't be so lucky if it happens again I LL be on my own.