Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our friends couldn't come for lunch today and I wasn't disappointed. They are coming Sunday.

The forest mulching is done. We have clean up to do, but nothing like trying to clear with a chainsaw, machete, tractor and our hands. 2 1/2 days...….what would have taken us a year or two to get done, if it ever got done. We'll be planting grasses and clovers in another month when it cools off somewhat.

Our neighbor, Robert, foster Dad to the horses this week, patched the fence where we cut it so the mulcher could clear for our new neighbor who is next to him. He let the horses out and they ran over the newly cleared ground. Before, it was a series of trails through the brush, saplings, trees and briars. This was freedom! They ran back and forth like kids let out on a playground. Even my two old Seniors cut up and ran around, not for long, LOL, but they ran.

We are exhausted, but in a good way. We enjoyed our grand daughters and managed to have fun with them, even with all the activity going on this week. I bet we'll both sleep good tonight!

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
good morning all. another day to hit the stores hear feed store first the another grocery store. my husband wants to cut down trees 0n the fence line today. so that should be fun. i probably try to start preping the garden and the new areas i be planting in as well atleast while it cool. i need to start getting the corn and pumpkinds in the ground they have already almost completely out grown the egg cartens i started them in. i am hoping my husvand fixes my wagon soon so i can use that to move my compost fron the coop around but we shall see. anyways i hope yall day is going well and everyone got the rest they needed.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I woke up to wet ground this morning. Haven't been outside yet to see how wet, but the red stock trailer is shiny, that means it is wet. I think we just got a drizzle or spot shower, but I'll take it. At least the dust is settled. All week long with the forestry mulcher here, it has been beyond dry, that machine worked in a dust cloud straight out of a desert sand storm. Every 2 hours, he had to stop and blow out the air filters and radiator coils. However much rain we got or get, it is most welcomed.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
i think that and the 100+ weather is only two things i dislike about summer. but i guess i cant complain its not like the desert which i wouldnt live in i am not sure how the people who live there seem to like it. sand lot and lots of sand.

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning!!
I went out to feed the rabbits and saw one of my angoras hopping around near the edge of the woods...i ran to check her cage because she has 6 kits and i don't want to lose them!
All 6 kits were not in the cage...went back inside to get my glasses so i could actually see them :lol:
They were all hopping around near the woods with their mama...happy as could be. When i got to them they all RAN in different directions so i was chasing a litter of 4 week old bunnies for almost an hour...so much fun :he
I got all of them though...every time i grabbed one they screamed their little heads off...couldn't help but laugh at it, such a cute defense :lol:
I had a lady coming by to pick up 4 Netherland dwarf kits...she called to tell me she was 10 minutes away and then i realized i hadn't filled out any of the pedigrees. I ended up filling them out while she played with the rabbits and thankfully she wasn't in a hurry. Sure am glad those babies sold though!
Hopefully the rest of the day will be more...quiet. But i do have 3 other people coming by to pick up some lop babies so there may be more stories on the way ;)
Hope everyone stays cool today!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Haha! :gig I can just picture you out chasing bunnies early in the morning! Haha! :lol: Did you catch them with a fish net or with your hands? If you don't have a fish net, I suggest that you get one. I use one to snatch chickens, it sure helps.

Then you sold 4 Netherland Dwarf kits, that's good, helps to pay the feed bill, and have more people coming to get lop babies today. Money is good-it keeps your rabbit addiction going. :love

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I feel so smart!! After all the internet troubles late last week and early this week, finally getting it working again, but my Alexa wouldn't work. We only use it for making a grocery list, but it sure is convenient because I always have my shopping list on me in my cell phone instead on a scrap of paper that is at home. So I got brave and stepped into the realm of Alexa set up. I followed directions on my cell Alexa App and I got her set up and back on!!! I feel brilliant.

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Haha! :gig I can just picture you out chasing bunnies early in the morning! Haha! :lol: Did you catch them with a fish net or with your hands? If you don't have a fish net, I suggest that you get one. I use one to snatch chickens, it sure helps.

Then you sold 4 Netherland Dwarf kits, that's good, helps to pay the feed bill, and have more people coming to get lop babies today. Money is good-it keeps your rabbit addiction going. :love
It sure was fun! Every time I got inches away from them, they darted off like little race cars :lol:
I caught them with my hands...no fish net but that's a great idea!
And yes, have to keep up my rabbit addiction...I need cages, cages and more cages :woot
I'm glad you got your Alexa fixed! You ready for mensa? :p