1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Update on our 4 piggies - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Coffee anyone ?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Sourland, May 7, 2017.

1. Aug 16, 2019
    Alaskan

Alaskan True BYH Addict

Yep.... I don't "do" the social Facebook stuff... just used it for sales... but it was so much better than CL for farm sales.

Sad that that era is over...

2. Aug 16, 2019
    AmberLops

AmberLops True BYH Addict

I would never do that!! I'd be more careful :)

B&B Happy goats and CntryBoy777 like this.
  3. Aug 16, 2019
    AmberLops

I don't do any of the social media sites...I only sell my rabbits through CL but it's hard sometimes with all the scammers and flaggers. My ads get flagged all the time unless I word things right :idunno

4. Aug 16, 2019
    Mini Horses

Mini Horses Herd Master

In my area there are more lawnmowers for sale on "farm & garden" than tractors & animals. :( We are talking walk behind, small yard stuff. They need a mower section.

And some people flag everything that is kitty/puppy....EVEN LGDs. One add had a $1000 rooster but, it had to be to someone who would also adopt his BFF -- a Great Pyr, can't separate. :D =D A few have listed the LGDs as farm workers for hire.

I wish they would flag the darned push mowers instead!!!!

5. Aug 16, 2019
    AmberLops

You have to be creative when it comes to advertising animals online! It works though :)
    I do no prices, no real info, usually no pictures and just have the people email me. It makes for more serious buyers when they have to email you for more information...or at least I think it does :hu

6. Aug 17, 2019
    Alaskan

Alaskan True BYH Addict

They get flagged on CL? Do they also have a no animal policy???????

7. Aug 17, 2019
    promiseacres

promiseacres Herd Master

Coffee is on.
    @Alaskan I think it's just activists being dumb as sales of livestock is allowed :idunno once the block is lifted and putting MeWe links on my pages.

Got some rain and storms last night:celebrate so not sure when but maybe we can now plant our hay field. :fl

8. Aug 17, 2019
    Jesusfreak101

Jesusfreak101 Loving the herd life

not sure if i want coffee or hot tea. this morning. later today my brother and sister in law will be coming over. i hoping that goes well sometimes it doesnt my sister in laws an i have completely differemt personalities. i could go on more and explain but i ll leave it at that. my husband also has coworkers/friends coming over to help him with some tree cutting/fencing. i thinking we gonna start processing the goats soon. my husband work is making some cut backs and that has us nervous. plus i really need to get to work on processing birds again. alright well i think thats it.

9. Aug 17, 2019
    AmberLops

They have a no animal sales policy if you advertise on pets, but there are TONS of dog breeders advertising puppies for $1000 and they don't get flagged...but my rabbits do. I can't put them under farm/garden...they do allow legal sales of livestock but my ads get flagged within minutes on there...I just take my chances with pets and general for sale.

10. Aug 17, 2019
    AmberLops

Coffee is on :caf
    I have someone coming to pick up 2 baby angoras (finally) and another person to pick up a Netherland Dwarf :)
    Gotta go to the library to print out some documents, then it's back to the rabbits. I'm determined to figure out this darn camera to upload the pictures. The SD card doesn't fit in my laptop for some reason ? So I bought the cord for the 'easyshare' part of the camera but I don't know how to use it :lol: I don't have patience for that kind of thing!
    Weather-wise it's gonna be hot today, near 100 (actual temp) and heat index at 105.
    Stay cool! :frow