Coffee anyone ?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Got all the hay put away....just a few sprinkles.... thankfully we had it all baled last night. @Alaskan we do have barns at the farm. Of course the horses are still here. But we should be set. We are exhausted... oh I did start the old Allis and moved the hay wagon all by myself. Now I just need to keep up with so I don't forget all the steps.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@promiseacres ; I can relate to the "remembering the steps" since there are only maybe 2 tractors here that start the same way. I have to run them occasionally so I remember how to start them.
Yes, it is a great feeling to have hay in the barn, it is better than money in the bank because if there is no hay available, money won't help. That is how I felt when I saw the bag full of corn silage.... INSURANCE ... against a cold or wet or snowy winter. I am not sure where we stand for hay for the winter, but I do know that we don't have enough square bales to satisfy our regular customers. Not sure what my sons' plan is at this time.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I made a cheat sheet one year because I was having a hard time remembering the one tractor. I remember calling my son in angry tears of frustration because I could not figure how to start it.... It started on gas, ran on diesel....old Alis - MD... made during the war 1940's?.... sweet to be able to start on gas, get the engine warmed up so switching over to the more economical diesel was easy and it would fire. OLD Diesels do not have glow plugs or block heaters etc., but I was having trouble with all the push this lever, pull this one after the gas engine started ....
Another time I called him for one of the newest tractors (as in new to us like a 1970's or 1980's), we have to run the bushhog..... I am used to old tractors with a starter button of sorts, most of all our Alis tractors have a starter button on the diesels, and you have to make sure the "stop" is pushed in because you pull it out to stop the flow of diesel to the engine. Those old tractors will keep running if you turn off the key, because the diesel is still going into the engine.... Good though for kids cuz they can't get on and start the engine with turning the key for the electrical system without also pushing in the "stop" knob so the diesel will feed into the engine, and to have to use the starter button to start it.
Well, turns out this "new tractor" had a key start, just like a car.....:th:th:th, but you had to have BOTH gear levers in Neutral, and your foot on the clutch to start it (safety measures again, so someone who isn't supposed to start it , can't get it started)....

Latest posts