Coffee anyone ?

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
@promiseacres my condolences.:hugs Sounds like a life well lived.

If these are the typical greenhouse grown hibiscus and Boston ferns, then yes, most emphatically yes you need to bring them in. I vividly remember the smell of a greenhouse full of Boston ferns when the heater failed on a freezing night.:sick (Fortunately, the root balls didn't freeze, so the crop was salvageable, but we had to cut all that frozen foliage off):sick

On the other hand, there are cultivars of frost-hardy natives that are usually planted in the landscape, but you don't usually see those sorts of ferns in hanging baskets, for example. The Hardy Hibiscus have dinner plate-sized flowers, and are labeled as such.
Thank you, and thanks @B&B Happy goats and @Alaskan :)
It's a boston fern so I brought it inside today. I think i'll put the hibiscus in the greenhouse...there are too many to keep inside, plus I noticed today that their pots are filled with fire ants :lol:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Look at it this way, this is a FREE forum where we can talk to all our friends. We can get and give advice, receiving and giving help. We share pictures, admire others animals, oooh and aaah over all our barns, wood piles, fences, dogs, animals and everything near and dear to our hearts. In the computer world, updates happen. The comfortable old shoes get tossed out and the new shiny shoes have to get broken in. Before long, the new shoes are comfortable too. So get with the program, we have to learn our way around, we can ALL do this.

Big thanks to @Nifty for providing us this wonderful place to gather. For many of us, this forum is our lifeline. We know there are others like ourselves out there and we don’t feel so lonely. I am grateful.

Big thanks to @CarpCharacin for all the work you are doing and for putting up with our whining while we adjust to the “new shoes”.

Get another cup of coffee y’all and figure out this new stuff!

Pulled 52 pounds of Wilbur out of the freezer last night, going to make stuffed sausage today, DH will smoke it tomorrow. I’m really sick and tired of pork roasts. LOL still have stacks of enormous pork chops, fried 4 yesterday, they are a pound or more apiece. Raining and cold today. Got to do chores, go to TSC because I got COUPONS! Bye for now!

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule @fustratedearthmother..... your both right, we will all adjust to the new changes...reminds me of when my dad had the house painted after my mother died, for twenty years or more it was always a pretty grey blue color,..... he changed it to a yellow green color.....once we got past the front door....it was still home :love

Latest posts