Coffee anyone ?

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
y
I never have been picked even when I wanted to be. Last time it was a theft case, over $20,000 which made it a felony. I said he needed to be taken out behind the barn and whupped with a peach switch. I didn’t get picked.
yeah.. they only want wuss liberal no morals people on juries.

kinda sad actually.

If you believe in anything, you will get kicked off.

ldawntaylor

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Since my dad is a former local preacher I don't get picked for the trials very often. But I still get a summons every couple of years.

Plus, if you know anyone involved with the case or have had dealings with the lawyers one is usually dismissed.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
The problem with the "Family Issues" defense is you still have to find someone to take care of the kids while you hang out at the court waiting for and going through the selection process. When I did in back in college (I did get them to at least move it to summer when school was out) was it was a 3 month thing and you had to sit there every day all day. It was so long ago I don't remember if it was a full 3 months or maybe 1 week each month.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've been on several juries, civil, criminal and grand jury.

I never tried to get out of any of them or tried exceptionally hard to get picked during the Voir Dire.

The civil trial was the best entertainment tho..where else can you watch and hear real people air all their dirty laundry?
Much of the testimony was very explicit, and I probably wouldn't have believed it if it were not for the photos and video.....

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
A friend from church volunteered for the intial day....it's a Tuesday. That Friday we have a camping trip scheduled... :tonguenot sure I can do anything but hope it's either a short trial or I get released quickly.... now what can I do while I wait....books, tablet? I honestly don't know... shouldn't they send a letter so people know what to expect?? My 2nd phone I did get a time to be there and they said comfortable clothes...trying not to obsess over it...

Coffee is on.

ldawntaylor

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I would go with a book. One I don't mind losing if I forget I brought it.

I don't know about where you are but here, cell phones had to be turned off. I also had to walk through the scanner for the first time. I also will not be taking my purse in on the next trial date as that was searched this time.

You will do fine.

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
I would go with a book. One I don't mind losing if I forget I brought it.

I don't know about where you are but here, cell phones had to be turned off. I also had to walk through the scanner for the first time. I also will not be taking my purse in on the next trial date as that was searched this time.

You will do fine.
Agree, a book would be best. I've never been to jury duty but I'm pretty sure cell phones are not allowed.