Coffee anyone ?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for coffee. Not too much work today, will prep for ds birthday party this afternoon and decorate the cake. My Dad came over so we were able to have a nice dinner out last night. Making pancakes and bacon for breakfast.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Fantastic deal on the battery operated weed eater. I have one. Bought new a couple years ago and really like it. I'm with you on the weight and noise of a gas one and not gonna drag a cord around so went this route. A fully charged battery will last me about 20 min if operated on the "high" setting. The good thing is for me that is about as long as the knees will allow before I hurt too much standing like that. I have 3 batteries for it now so that I can have one on it, one charged and ready, and one on the charger. I sure didn't get that sort of a bargain.... paid like $129 or something new. But I am not sorry. I think you will like it.

If the tires still aren't too bad with the age cracks, and you are using it so seldom, see about putting tubes in them. We do that with the ones we put on the hay wagons to stretch out the years of use. And you probably should cover the tires from the sun when you aren't using it.... that helps too. And sometimes, the cost of the tubes makes new tires just a better way to go. But you are using it some, like for the hay, so getting a new set might be the best way and then get the tire covers like they have for RV wheels and they will last until you probably no longer need the trailer anymore. As long as it is functional, that is all that is important. Besides, no personal property taxes when they get older....

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes on tires -- to all of it. Calling my used tire guy tomorrow. Options.

IF batteries are still holding charge well, it will be a great deal. I've been looking at these. This happened and no one wanted it! LOL One I thought to buy was $189. & larger batteries. I like $10 so far.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
Didn't get much done yesterday but I guess that's ok. Birthday parties sure wear me out. Had it at the farm. So that was fun. School and work on more plaster removal. Camp trip this weekend so getting ready for that. And I really need to get those tomatoes picked, lows are in the 40s.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee PA. I did make pumpkin pie yesterday, BJ has already hit it for breakfast this morning, but he left y'all some. LOL My pie crust recipe makes 2, or a top and bottom crust. So I put the extra one in a pie plate, wrapped in saran wrap and froze it. TA-DA!! My very own frozen pie crust. Yum!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I love pumpkin pie for breakfast!!! YUM. It's getting to "that" time of year -- everything pumpkin. Since pumpkin is so good for you, I don't feel badly having to eat the whole pie by myself. Actually, my DD likes it. A surprise as she's such a finicky eater.

Ahhh, PA -- a farm party sounds good to me! Those temps are just a touch cooler than I'd want right now but, we are having some upper 50 to low 60 thrown in to our weather. I like those temps....of course, it's not for the daytime beyond start up. They're normal daytime in another month or two. I think I'm ready for it. Been a very hot summer.

Yep, @farmerjan, I think the AIR did it -- for all of us!! BUT I did get myself into gear. While on this weedeating binge, I worked the one I bought to test. One battery is fine, other won't charge enough to use. Tossed it and found 2pack on line for $29 with s/h & tx. They're on the way. :D =D Still ok with prices. And got out an old electric Craftsman -- which is very powerful -- did the stuff around house. Today, the barn will get a hit all around. It's a serious "Fall clean up" as most won't need much more than a touch up after this for such stuff. PLUS, I have these porch posts & rails to get washed & painted -- so grass won't be shot up there by doing before I paint....in a couple weeks. Of course, a heavy "work for pay" schedule for next 2 weeks. What timing!

Adding things to my list that's next to me -- so I can write as I think of all these check it, do it things....like call on tires, buy chicken feed, call on hay --- all those "little" things that make our day worth living --- what else would we do???? :lol:

Last edited:

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'd like to build a deck at the edge of the bluff with the big satellite dish as a trellis at the end of the deck. Covered with some sort of vine, I'm thinking maybe grapes, but there's a beetle here which just decimates grape leaves and I'd not want to put a lot of bug spray/deterrent around an outside sitting area. Maybe a Zephirine Drouhin rose since it's a climbing thornless big pink rose? Can't eat it, but it would look pretty and smell nice.

If it is going at the end of a sitting area that you will be using a lot, got with the rose. Fruit attracts bugs and flies as it ripens and drops. Dropping fruit requires raking it and picking it up before it rots. Sitting area is for relaxing and enjoying, not for realizing you forgot to put on big repellant and need to go get the rake and trash can! LOL Fruit and veggies are better at a slight distance from the patio.