Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Whew! Last 8 Dirty Birdies are on ice. Had shower, clean clothes, BJ taking shower now. Then we go to TSC to meet a guy and swap a chicken for catfish. LOL Then back home and I can get some processed today. Will can dog food tomorrow and hopefully make up the rest of the plum juice into jam.

I need to bail out the 300 gallon horse tub, scrub and refill, they might just get it topped off for now.
Hot and humid outside. We are in the days of early morning work, afternoon hibernation under the AC.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I got "staples" for kid #2
Somehow we've ended up with boxes and boxes of staples. We hardly ever use the stapler. Let me know if I should send some to kid #2 ;)

I had flashbacks to when our washer died. -shudder-
With a family of seven that WOULD be a disaster. I suspect Bay could was clothes in the bathtub for 2 people for a bit until a new machine arrived.

I need to bail out the 300 gallon horse tub, scrub and refill, they might just get it topped off for now.
Bail? Maybe siphon? Don't think I'd want to bend over and move over a ton of water out of a trough.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
My field water tubs are mostly 100-150 gal, with a screw in drain plug. Just be sure to move aside when you open those drain holes. :lol: I do have a couple much shorter...so babies can reach a drink. Guess which ones the big girls like to use! :duc.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
well most of the outside chores are done tine for school and house work. got more seeds in the ground and harvest some veggies. the chickens still need to be let out but that still up for debate as i am not sure i want them out anymore lol. need to get them a run built. suppose to have a heat index between 102-108 today so i am staying inside dh got mad last time i played outside and might have gotten over heated so i am under threat if i do it again. no intention of it thats for sure. debating between freezing squash for frying or canning more pickled squash.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
i know that feeling. kids are finishing up school i am cleaning and i went ahead and froze the squash this time. debating on how to use a zucchine we have i thinking of trying zucchine cheese and breaded fries recipe i found. having roast chicken and that doesnt sound to bad to go with it. the kids are getting tired of squash lol every other day to everyday lol. i am trying to use and preserve it. i am waiting to tomatoes and peppers to take off and start. the tonatoes have flowers and the peppers are taking their sweet time growing. oh well they catch up. cucumbers are starting to produce well now and pumkins are full just need them to rippen. also acorn squash and a anonther squash i cant remember are growing strongly now to. tons of sunflowers as well.

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
i know that feeling. kids are finishing up school i am cleaning and i went ahead and froze the squash this time. debating on how to use a zucchine we have i thinking of trying zucchine cheese and breaded fries recipe i found. having roast chicken and that doesnt sound to bad to go with it. the kids are getting tired of squash lol every other day to everyday lol. i am trying to use and preserve it. i am waiting to tomatoes and peppers to take off and start. the tonatoes have flowers and the peppers are taking their sweet time growing. oh well they catch up. cucumbers are starting to produce well now and pumkins are full just need them to rippen. also acorn squash and a anonther squash i cant remember are growing strongly now to. tons of sunflowers as well.

My family’s favorite thing with zucchini is zucchini bread. It’s basically banana bread, but with zucchini. It’s really good, super moist, but I’m not sure if you’d want to turn the oven on in the heat.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I
trying to avoid it plan to bake before sunrise now days. almost done with cleaning need to vaccum, laundry and dishes. eventually spring cleaning will get finished lol.
I have some zucchini recipes your kids would like. Zucchini apple pie, zucchini fruit roll ups, and zucchini candy. I’ll try to round them up on my computer and post them for you. Also zucchini lasagna, use zucchini strips instead of pasta.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
so far some of the kids like the sauted and all liked the chocolate cake and they all like them as veggie sticks.

Attachments

• 20210614_163108.jpg
    20210614_163108.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 20210614_162551.jpg
    20210614_162551.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 52